I stupidly changed my booking from 4 days to 2 due to time limitations and the wish to visit several other places. I now wished I hadn't because we enjoyed our stay so much. My husband and I stayed with our adult daughter; we had a room on the top floor and she had a room on the lower floor opposite the dining room. The rooms were quiet, warm and comfortable. Our daughters room had a sliding door to a shared balcony, and easy flat access from the carpark which would have been ideal for someone with mobility issues.
Laura and her mother were most welcoming, and Laura took time to show us points of interest, directions on a map, recommend restaurants and pleasant walks up to the castle and surrounds. Breakfast was wonderful, nicely cooked and plentiful. The whole house was spotless, wifi was available as was a computer if you didn't have your own with you.
A wonderful, wonderful stay. Highly recommended, and the price was brilliant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in an elevated position under the towering magnificence of Stirling Castle, Castlecroft offers comfortable modern facilities, superb panoramic views over the King's Park Golf Course, the Royal Gardens and the hills of the Trossachs. All rooms with new modern en-suites, Free wifi, Guest PC, All rooms have flat screen TVs with DVD players, Large on site free parking area, 10 minute walk to town centre along a lovely footpath, Amazing views, Large, beautiful guest lounge with balcony off the lounge, Breakfast cooked to order with local ingredients and home made bread. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Castlecroft reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castlecroft Hotel Stirling
- Castlecroft Stirling, Scotland