“We will not be back”
Review of Les Cygnes - CLOSED

Les Cygnes
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Used to visit here quite often. Popped in for lunch today with my mother. It was awful. Baked potatoes tasteless, filling nasty but much worse was the reaction from the staff when I said it wasn't very pleasant and I couldn't eat any more.
We were ignored! No-one apologized No-one came to remove my mothers plate, even though she was quite obviously finished. No-one came to offer us more drinks or dessert. The staff were much more interested in chatting with their backs to us.
Finally, after a lengthy wait we realized we were getting no more service so paid and left.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Les Cygnes started as a handmade chocolatier, they still sell beautiful chocolates and give one away with a hot drink. It is basically a cafe, inside the Thistles Shopping Arcade, opposite Marks & Spencers. Fast service, lovely waitresses, many from eastern Europe but with perfect English, good choice of soups and meals, plus cakes to die for (death by chocolate !).
Huge Scottish breakfasts up till 11.30am (my husband loves it), choice of soups with bread, and speciality teas - very refreshing, and coffees - Italian imports. Great place to eat and relax.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Eat here often, food is always tasty and freshly prepared. Service is good and quick. Lovely baking and delicious chocolates.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

As I work away from home most of the time I seldom write reviews about places near my home town. I've popped in here the odd time for breakfast when in Stirling and thought maybe it was time to tell others what great cafe restaurant this is. It's bright and cheery but with a subtle continental undertone and the staff are delightful. The full Scottish breakfast is great value at £5.99. WH Smith is next door so grab yourself a paper or magazine then relax and kick back in Les Cygnes and enjoy a little me time. If you feel guilty about this because your other half is at home doing household chores then you can ease the burden of guilt by buying her (or him) some handmade chocolates from the great selection on offer. The chocs are a little expensive but then the guilt would not be eased if they weren't now would it?

Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

Visited for lunch with friend and my young baby daughter who was in her pram. Seated at a table which wasn't the best then when we asked to move we were asked quite rudely where we wanted to sit and that basically all tables were the same except the ones at the back however i was told the pram would be in the way so it was very much a here or nothing attitude. was definitely not impressed with the way the girl spoke to us but didn't want to cause anymore of a scene so let it go. food was lovely although part of order was missing and had to be asked for again.
On the whole the food was lovely but the staff could be a bit more attentive and considerate to customers.