1,159 results
All reviews afternoon tea mulberry restaurant course tasting menu duck pond housing estate wine flight luxury room beautiful hotel cream tea junior suite finger sandwiches petit fours the main house henry viii wedding night service charge four poster bed
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed on a Secret Escapes deal and as we were in a luxury room, the Arundel, the cost was a bargain. The deal was bed and breakfast at £165 including £35 each towards the evening meal.

The hotel is of Tudor origin dating from 1570 and is set in lovely grounds. The decor throughout the hotel was excellent. All nice and clean and tidy.

There is ample parking space and receptionist was friendly and welcoming. There is no lift and access to our room was via a small spiral staircase. It occupied the whole of the top floor section. There were with no other rooms on this floor. The room was large with a comfortable bed. The large bathroom was set across the landing and had an enormous semi-circular bath.

The dining room was set in a bistro style. The evening meal was very good and served quickly. The staff were very attentive.

Breakfast was buffet style for cereals and waiter service for cooked food. Here again the staff were very attentive, clearing away the empty plates quickly.

Well worth a visit.

There is ample parking space and receptionist was friendly and welcoming. There is no lift and access to our room was via a small spiral staircase. It occupied the whole of the top floor section. There were with no other rooms on this floor. The room was large with a comfortable bed, The large bathroom was set across the landing and had an enormous semi-circular bath.

Breakfast was buffet style for cerials and waiter service for cooked food. Here again the staff were very attentive, clearing away the empty plates quickly.

Well worth a visit especially if it is a Secret Escapes deal.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Katie S, General Manager at Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Jeffb7
Many thanks for taking the time to add your review following your recent stay at Langshott Manor. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked 2 nights and paid over £300, which didn’t include breakfast, for a Cosy Double room in a luxury hotel which is part of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World group.

I expected the room to be small, which it was but I also expected, hoped the decor to be as shown as per ALL the photos on the website and on the hotel booking site I used. Even a small room can be decorated to make it in keeping with the hotel you are staying in but ours really wasn’t. We could have been staying at any gatwick airport hotel, It was the most basic cheap looking decor. My bedroom at home is more luxurious! I was SO disappointed when we were shown to our room especially when we missed our first night due to flight cancellations so was really looking forward to some luxury....it really wasn’t. We stayed in the main house in the Hever room. I would not want to stay in there again.

We had dinner in the restaurant which should have felt cosy and intimate but it really didn’t. The food was nice enough but it didn’t blow me away as I had hoped, again quite average.

In all it was a very expensive stay and we left disappointed and underwhelmed as what should have felt special and luxurious was just a very average stay in a lovely looking hotel.

1  Thank Jersey75

Dear Jersey75
Many thanks for taking the time to add your review following your recent stay at Langshott Manor Hotel. I am saddened to read that you found the stay disappointing and did not like the Hever Room. Each bedroom is individually designed here at Langshott Manor and some are more traditional in decor which may have been more to your liking. it is unfortunate that you not express your disappointment at the time as I am confident that an alternative bedroom could have been suggested.
Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Such a gorgeous place rooms are amazing food is to die for. However we were only allowed to enjoy our room whilst at the hotel. We arrived being told dogs are only allowed in the room. I never expect my dogs do be allowed in a restaurant but I do expect them to be allowed to relax on lead In the lounges at other luxury hotels in the area like bailiffs court (where we got married 2 months ago) ockedon mannor this is deffintly allowed. The rceprionist lady was incredibly rude. I hope to return to enjoy the inside of the hotel at soempoint. Rhey thwn alao charged extra for roomsservcie yet this was out only option as we couldnt leave the dogs on thwyre own. But please sign advertise as a dog frindly hotel and not be one when I paid £189 for the night and 60 quid extra for my dogs

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Londonobsession
Thank you for taking the time to add your review following your recent stay at Langshott Manor Hotel. Sadly we can not permit dogs in the restaurant or lounges within the hotel but we do have 2 dog friendly bedrooms and 2 acres of gardens for them to enjoy. Dogs can be left in the bedrooms alone allowing you a chance to enjoy a leisurely dinner in the Brasserie.
I am pleased to read that you are looking forward to returning in the future and look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and myself stayed last night for a rare night away and found the hotel to be fantastic. Hotel and its grounds looked lovely and had a great feel. Warmly welcomed when we arrived and shown to our room. Stayed in the Bodium Room which was spacious and had a great bathroom. We had dinner in the Mulberry restaurant which was really good, staff were friendly and no wait at all for the food which was really good. We ordered breakfast to the room for the next morning. Great that we had this this option and with only having to hang leave a request on the door, as when we’ve stayed away before and had inclusive breakfast we never get up in time for this. Would definitely recommend and would return again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Stuewy
Thank you for choosing Langshott Manor for your recent getaway. I am pleased to read that you and your partner enjoyed the stay and hope that you will visit us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A nice small hotel with lots of character dating from 16th century. Food was excellent as is location but let down by dreadfully slow service. Overall reasonable value for money but be prepared to wait for food orders

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Trail21261402741
Thank you for taking the time to add your review following your recent stay and please accept my apologies for the slow service as this is not indicative of a usual experience. I do hope that you will visit us again.