“Review of the bar-good”

Peaky Blinders Bar (Southport)
Ranked #7 of 30 Nightlife in Southport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: 1920's period style bar selling craft ales and specialist beers from around the world. Extensive wine and spirits list, chilled music and a great ambience. Teas and coffees also available. Recently extended with a new lounge area, a log burner, and additional toilets. Open until 11.30pm
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've been here a few times now and always found the beer and service to be good, even when it's busy.
Good mix of clientele also, mixed age group and generally chatty.
Bar staff weren't quite as sharp in appearance last time I called in, they all used to have short back and sides Pesky Blinders style.
Still worth a visit .

in 11 reviews
"sun trap"
"nice decor"
in 3 reviews
"staff were friendly and efficient"
"wide choice"
"cask ales"
"real ale"
in 4 reviews
"the pub"
"couple of hours"
"my partner"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My partner and I stayed at the Southport Hotel last night and was extremely disappointed with the stay and the service. Upon arrival the staff that booked us in was very ignorant and not bothered. I understand that for £50 we were not going to get the best room, but to say that is was a small room was and understatement. We went out for the day and returned about 8.30pm. The room smelled of smoke in which I can only guess that the occupied room next store was smoking.

We had to buy earplugs and wear them all night due to the noise from the bar and outside. The room next store also came and and had their TV on extremely loud all night. The curtains did not close properly and the bed was on an incline. I can honestly say this is the worst nights sleep we have ever had. We came to relax and get away for the night, not to have to wear earplugs all night as the music downstairs did not finish until 1am in the morning.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went for a drink in here last night with my hubby nothing special staff moody far better in church town

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Spent a couple of hours here last Saturday afternoon and loved it. It’s a surprisingly modern bar ( considering the era) but that didn’t detract from the experience and there was a really good atmosphere. I tried the Peaky Blinders Gin which was amazing! It was served beautifully and only cost £5 with the (proper) tonic.
It is dog friendly, I don’t have a dog but I have to say the dogs were really well behaved .
There is an outdoor seating area too for those better weather days. I will definitely visit again when I am over in Southport..