Peaky Blinders Bar (Southport)
Review Highlights
Southport: Decent lively happy bar

Went for a late drink on a weekend visit to Southport. Lively bar, professional staff, very happy... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
dannycF8771OG
via mobile
Comfortable drinking place

Commenting on the bar only (no experience of the accomm.)......in the early evening always received... read more

Reviewed 20 September 2018
Andrew2782017
Cheltenham, United Kingdom

All reviews nice bar choice of drinks relaxing drink juniper berries hotel inspector decent music great seating area comfy bed lord street tv series wide range of drinks late drink sun trap nice decor staff were friendly and efficient cask ales real ale
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My partner and I stayed at the Southport Hotel last night and was extremely disappointed with the stay and the service. Upon arrival the staff that booked us in was very ignorant and not bothered. I understand that for £50 we were not going to get the best room, but to say that is was a small room was and understatement. We went out for the day and returned about 8.30pm. The room smelled of smoke in which I can only guess that the occupied room next store was smoking.

We had to buy earplugs and wear them all night due to the noise from the bar and outside. The room next store also came and and had their TV on extremely loud all night. The curtains did not close properly and the bed was on an incline. I can honestly say this is the worst nights sleep we have ever had. We came to relax and get away for the night, not to have to wear earplugs all night as the music downstairs did not finish until 1am in the morning.

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank Rebecca G
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Went for a drink in here last night with my hubby nothing special staff moody far better in church town

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank joatack
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Spent a couple of hours here last Saturday afternoon and loved it. It’s a surprisingly modern bar ( considering the era) but that didn’t detract from the experience and there was a really good atmosphere. I tried the Peaky Blinders Gin which was amazing! It was served beautifully and only cost £5 with the (proper) tonic.
It is dog friendly, I don’t have a dog but I have to say the dogs were really well behaved .
There is an outdoor seating area too for those better weather days. I will definitely visit again when I am over in Southport..

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Went in last night for a drink, been many times never reviewed this place. A very friendly place, good choice of drinks, good quality wine, although rather more expensive than other local bars. Sat by the fire lovely and toasty on a damp night.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

After putting it off we decided to pop in for a drink on a Saturday afternoon. If you are going to put Beer Mongers under your name, then you would expect a decent range of beers. What you get here is a tired, boring set of lagers, Germans and Belgians. The place itself is nice but if you are coming for the beer, do yourself a favour and go to Tap and bottles or Southport specialist beer shop. Its clear they dont really know what good beer is nowadays.

4  Thank hopmooks