“Generally good, but ...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carrington's Restaurant. - CLOSED

Carrington's Restaurant.
Price range: US$ 51 - US$ 51
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
tenby
“Generally good, but ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

I love this place and have been with a girlfriend. Firstly I,m disabled and there is no way to get down the stairs to the restaurant. If there is a secret lift then please tell me and I will re do this. The food is first class, top rate. A bit disappointed when I ask for garlic bread, sometimes its yes sometimes its no, that needs to be addressed.The entrance / stairway needs to be livened up. Now, I,ve been to Tunisia, Egypt etc and I balk from moaning as people are starving around the world, but, but, Carringtons aint cheap, I dont mind that though but a bit more staff interaction would be nice, often I get a stressed / busy / distant dealing from the staff (with the exception of the older lady who is there often). House red wine is very good. Yes, Pringles machine in the bar area is crazy, DUMP IT.. For stars from me 5 stars would be so easy to get.

• Visited January 2011
3 Thank stanley r
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

stafford
“Always excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

If you have a special request, just phone in advance and tell Mark. We live in Staffordshire but visit parents in Tenby. I'm a vegetarian, my husband isn't and it is the best place to suit 4 people with different tastes. We eat at Carrington's every time we visit Tenby and are never disappointed. Prices are reasonable and service good.

• Visited September 2011
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
“Nice, but would not go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

My husband and I visited Carrington on Valentines day. We were really looking forward to our meal as we had read the reviews and they were great.

I think we may have gone in the wrong entrance? A sign guided us some steps, it was quite dark and dingy and the only lighting was the lights shining from the restaurant. Not a good first impression. However the staff here are so friendly and the restaurant itself is immaculately clean, but the decor quite dated.

We were excited by the set menu, there was lots to choose from and it all sounded so good and it was. However we were a little disappointed, as the meal didn't blow us away, it was just good food, nothing special.

The chef came out to chat to all of the guests during the evening, which was a lovely touch.

The best thing about this restaurant are the staff and the very friendly chef

• Visited February 2011
Derby, United Kingdom
“best food in tebny!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

I went with my family last week and having eaten at many places in tenby over the years, I can honestly say this is the best food we've had in the area. We all ordered different dishes from the menu and were all equally happy with the quality and freshness of the food. This is good honest food, not messed about with but how it should be! The service was also friendly and the house wine surprisingly good! The price is pretty much in line with all the other restaurants in the area, making Carringtons really good value for money. The chef/owner was very friendly and made an effort to check that all guests were happy with their meals. The restuarant was small but cosy and clean with an intimate atmosphere. The only thing it lacked was some quiet background music. I'm gutted we've missed this little gem over the years but will definitely make it our first port of call next year!!

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank perko2108
SWANSEA
“It must have been the chef's night off!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

Went here after seeing it was rated no 1 for Tenby---how? Meal was ok but not good---not sure how long my fillet steak had been around but it was not good quality.The atmosphere was non-existent and the 'bar' area was a mish-mash of odd tables and a Pringles vending machine! The actual restaurant looked ok but there were crumbs all over the carpet and the radiator next to our table was filthy.We certainly expected more for the price we paid.

• Visited June 2011