“Dem pies though...!”

The Hele Bay Pub
Ranked #13 of 124 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 46
Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub
Description: The Hele Bay Pub is great family pub situated by the sea in the pretty village of Hele Bay on the outskirts of Ilfracombe. Our Specialities include Home-Made Food including Proper Pies, Handmade Burgers and Home-Made Pub Classics. Free Drink with a meal Nights Steak nights: 2 Steaks and a bottle of wine from £30.00 Special Offers Traditionally run pub with great service you will love. We offer excellent 3 Real Ales, Beers, Lagers, Ciders, Wines and Spirits as you would expect, along with Great Pub Food for all the family as well as Great Freshly Ground Coffee. Our Home-made Pies and Burgers are a speciality and locally sourced produce is used wherever possible. We have extensive Beer Gardens overlooking the sea, a Family Room with Skittle Alley, Table Football, Pool Table and a children's soft play area. A great place to visit for a drink, a meal, a chat and to take advantage of our many specials Sundays we serve traditional Sunday Roast "Good Food, Good Beer, Great Atmosphere"
Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

We visited the Hele Bay Pub twice on our 4 night break. I've not eaten at many pubs but can honestly say that this is the best pub food I've ever had.

The staff are so welcoming, and really proud of the quality of the food. And rightly so as I was told that it's all homemade.

Tuesday night was curry night so I went for the beef madras, which was so tasty! My husband chose the slow cooked beef and ale pie, which looked and tasted incredible! So good in fact that we both came back on Thursday and had the beef pie! It was a bonus that Thursday nights are "pie and a pint night"!

The best pie I have ever had.

1  Thank MrsKN17

Reviewed 7 November 2015

We went here last night for my sons 50th birthday bash organised by his lovely fiancé. Everyone seemed very happy and friendly. The bar staff were very efficient. There was a group playing who were obviously local as they knew everyone and adapted their songs to whoever was there. When it came to the buffet, I was astounded by the amount and variety of the food coming out. I won't name it all because it might be easier to say what didn't come out - no come to think of it, I can't think of anything that wasn't brought out. The quantity and the quality of the food would be hard to surpass. It was a wonderful evening thoroughly enjoyed by all. No one went home hungry and there was something for even the pickiest eater. I would highly recommend you have your party here if you live anywhere near the area. You just will not be disappointed. I obviously did not partake of their normal fare, but my understanding is that this is a pub that produces very good meals and has won awards for doing so. I cannot recommend highly enough.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

We've been here twice now as a family, both times fairly unplanned. And, on both occasions it has been a happy find. The food is good pub grub and a bit more than that - and brilliant for kids. The staff are just lovely with us grown-ups, our children and the gang of regulars who were there on both visits. A well-deserved recent silver award from the local paper.

Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Looking for a new place for Sunday lunch and lucky enough to have found it!
Completely delicious, great portion sizes, meats were generous and well cooked. We needed a little extra gravy, it was no trouble and not your average bisto!
Very impressed and looking forward to our next visit.
They had a little playroom downstairs that the kids loved, great atmosphere and really welcoming.

Reviewed 21 October 2015

Ate here several times, excellent food, good service and reasonably priced. Allowed to take dogs in the pub which made it for us.