Stayed here for 6 nights after we reviewed most if not all the campsites across this area !
We had electric hook up and opted for a 12m pitch for extra room. Although the weather was very mixed during our stay (we had about 2.1/2 days of sun) it did not spoil our enjoyment of North Devon, re-visiting after a gap of 8 years. Site is set in a valley, all pitches from what we saw were well laid out. Toilets, shower block, cleaning facilities are housed in a modern, clean block (cleaned 3 times a day). Showers were hot & free. Owners are attentative but not at all intrusive. Owner told us that she had grown up on site since a young girl and her personal pride in the site shows. All the staff were friendly and had time for a chat. Soft street lamps through site which was a nice touch.
Small play area for younger children with zip wire. No club (which wasn't a problem to us at all), a small shop in reception, laundry facilities. A peaceful and well laid out site. Lovely base to explore Croyde, Woolacombe, Puttsborough sands, Lynton & Lynmouth etc. Great pub/rest near to site (few mins walk from entrance on way down to Hele Bay - Hele Billy's (see my seperate review of this nice little eatery ! Not to be missed. Site was a mix of tents, motor homes, static caravans and really nice lodges. If you're looking for a nice holiday park which is peaceful and has clean facilities then you will not go wrong with this site. It's a credit to the owners who obviously work hard to keep it this way. Oh by the way it's not a regimental 'don't do this / that' type of site, like some. It's just nice and laid back. You can have your BBQ's as long as you make use of the little slabs they encourage you to use save spoiling the grass. A nice stay and found it pleasant to return to each afternoon night after we'd toured. Oh and there is a large Tesco about 5 mins drive from the site which was useful, popped there a couple of times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hele Valley is a multi award-winning Holiday Park based in the quaint seaside town of Ilfracombe on the beautiful coast of North Devon. The Park has been owned and managed by the Dovey family for over forty years and is situated in a picturesque valley and is the perfect destination for relaxation, peace and tranquillity. 2016 accolades consist of two Silver Awards at the Devon Tourism Awards, David Bellamy Gold Award for Conservation, Trip Advisor Excellence Certificate, Britain in Bloom Gold Award and the AA and Visit England four star gradings. With a wide range of modern and affordable luxury caravans, superior lodges and holiday cottages, there is accommodation perfect for families, friends, couples and pets. Our peaceful, green and well maintained 5-pennant campsite offers a wide range of tent pitches, touring pitches, Camping Pods and state of the art camping facilities. Limited free Wi-Fi is available throughout the park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hele Valley Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hele Valley Holiday Park Hotel Ilfracombe
- Hele Valley Holiday Park Ilfracombe, Devon