See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 October 2005

This a very nice hotel. My wife and I came here as part of an extended honeymoon for a gourmet weekend. The owners Philip and Helen made us very welcome with good advice where to visit and walk. The Coastal Walk is about a half mile from the hotel and you need to be fairly fit just to reach it, but worth the walk into Ilfracombe.
The gourmet weekend itself was excellent with the atmosphere described by my wife as being at a dinner party with friends. The food was excellent and the choice of wines by Philip very apt and plentiful with great service by Philip and Tom, the future son-in-law
.The Champagne reception on the first night broke the ice with the other guests and we had excellent canapes to accompany the Champagne.Apparently this was the owners first attempt at a gourmet night, but I would definitely go again.

• Stayed: October 2005