“What a Sunday roast and it's snowing.”
Review of The Thatched Inn

The Thatched Inn
Ranked #22 of 124 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 26
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Thatched Inn is a traditional English pub dating back to the 17th Century. We are a small pub with a simple no frills traditional British menu. Dogs are welcome in the beer garden but not inside.
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We entered about 2 and asked for a table and the nice young lady behind the bar said we are fully booked at the moment but if you don't mind waiting and have a drink I'm sure we can sort something out.
So I had an ale which was just right and my better half had a shandy we waited about 15 mins and a table was found.
We had the beef Sunday roast which was 3 slices of medium beef , 4 roast potatoes red cabbage, carrots, Savoy cabbage and creamed leaks which was the best Sunday lunch out for a long time.......well worth a visit if you are in the area...

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Love this place, excellent food, atmosphere and family friendly, the staff are welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. Beer garden is a sun trap. Family friendly is always important.. highly recommended

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Love this inn great food and real ale
Was disappointed no Tribute ale at the moment it’s definitely the best place in the area when the Tribute is on

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

My wife and I drove to Ilfracombe one evening in November to review the Thatched Inn for the Taste of the West Dining Pub awards. It is one of the town’s more striking buildings, with its thatched roof and pillared veranda, and I had driven past it many times, without ever stopping. First impressions count for a lot, and after a long and tortuous drive in heavy rain, the welcome we received in the cosy, wood-panelled bar could not have been warmer. There were three real ales on tap, none of them particularly local or unusual, but the two I tried had been well kept. The blackboard menu offered a limited range of pub classics. I had a steak and ale pie with mash and greens; my wife had a burger. The pie was bought in, but from a good local supplier. The burger was pronounced excellent. Portions are substantial! Service was prompt and friendly. The only disappointment was the absence of any reference to the pub’s local suppliers. From what we could see, kitchen facilities appeared to be fairly limited - hence presumably the policy of offering a limited range of dishes, but doing them really well. It is not cheap, but if you want good honest cooking, in a fascinating building with plenty of space for eating and drinking outside, then the Thatched Inn is the place to go.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

We booked in advance for a Sunday roast and they took our name over the phone to book a table.when we arrived I gave my full name and was informed we hadn't book at this pub and there is another pub with a similar name,when they checked it again they had just done the booking in my first name, they pointed to a table in the corner. When we was sat at the table we found the table to be very sticky with spilt drinks. We sat at the table for a short while before we realised we had to go to the bar to get the drinks and then realise unless we order at the bar you don't get any food although none of this was told to us when we arrived by the unpleasant staff.
We then ordered the food and as it took so long to arrive we thought it must be good, but no the food was cold and to be honest not worth the wait. My wife and I had some sort of apple crumble fot dessert that had been heated I would imagine in the microwave and one part was warm and the rest was cold.
I made no complaint on leaving and paying the bill as the experience was unpleasant enough without prolonging the visit further..

4  Thank PFoxleeBrown