“SUPERB LOCAL RESTAURANT”

The Angel
Ranked #24 of 124 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are open Friday and Saturday nights at 7.00pm but are happy to open other nights for bookings. The restaurant tends to be quite popular so we advise booking in advance to avoid disappointment. If require any help or assistance please don't hesitate to call us on 01271 866833.
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Went here last weekend, opens Friday and Saturday, very impressed.
Hadn't been here for a while but hope to be back soon.
Fantastic well priced menu and good choice of wines.
Would highly recommend the cheese souffle starter, the lemon sole and sticky toffee pudding.
All 4 of us made different choices and all enjoyed

1  Thank tiggersuki

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We have been coming to The Angel for years, and it is the restaurant of our choice in Ilfracombe. Now open on Fridays and Saturdays, it is ALWAYS a delight to eat here. The restaurant is small - it used to be a butcher's shop many years ago, and the walls still have the original tiles. Much of the seating is old wooden church pews. The Angel has a unique charm, with its old worn original wooden floor and old wooden tables. The atmosphere is quaint, as is the decor.
But there is nothing quaint about the food. I can't count the number of times we have eaten here and brought friends here, and have never had a meal that wasn't just right. Carol, the owner and chef, cooks my favourites, venison and duck, to perfection. There are always plenty of vegetables and everything is piping hot. Usually Carol cooks on her own, so if there is a full house, service can be a little slow. Well, she says it's slow, but we find it perfectly acceptable. There's a nice selection of wines available at reasonable prices, and I think I'm right in saying that all the meat there is sourced locally.
It sounds as if I'm being paid to make an ad for The Angel, or as if I have some personal interest in it. I don't. It's just that after all these years I've never thought about saying anything on Trip Advisor. I cannot recommend it enough.

2  Thank dandbDevon
Reviewed 15 August 2017

The Angel most certainly puts the ‘fine’ into ‘fine dining’ - what a find. Fabulous high-quality dishes beautifully prepared to perfection. There aren’t enough superlatives to describe this lovely cosy, intimate, friendly and welcoming Bistro. The lamb cutlets were fantastic, the vegetables exceptional and the dark & white chocolate dessert drizzled with chocolate & raspberry sauce was awesome.

We’ve already made two further reservations for September – can’t wait – need I say more?

Angel Delight!!

2  Thank jack h
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

My aunt and I dined here and we were amazed at how good the food was. We had the steak in Madeira sauce with veggies, it was amazing. Possibly the best I've ever had. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Kate M
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Had been meaning to try The Angel for ages and finally got round to it tonight. It's a wonderfully quirky place and the service and food were both fantastic. Will definitely be going back before too long. Many thanks ladies :)

2  Thank Paul H