All reviewsyoung couplefriendly ownersa lot of noisewarm welcomeastadundeeensuiteweedog
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Stayed for a few nights, as significant other half had always wanted to see Balmoral Castle (about an hour`s drive away). The hotel has recently undergone refurbishing and is clean and unpretentious. The owners are a young couple, who were friendly and welcoming. On learning that I played guitar, Vic invited me to play in the lounge. (For the sake of his clientele, I stayed in my room!)
Our room was small, but clean and the hotel is in a lovely location. A riverside walkway at the Ericht is virtually on the doorstep. We didn`t have breakfast, so unable to comment on this-(there is a Weatherspoon`s just around the corner.) Would stay again and all the best to Vic and his family.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johnnyt20
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

We had only one night in this hotel. Reception situated on dark bar was little creepy. Althought our room was wee, was very nice, comfortable and clean. Bed was comfy and good size. We had a good stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zuzana1988
Reviewed 2 February 2017

It's a nice and cosy hotel. The rooms and especially the beds are comfortable. The funiture is quite old but really lovely, so that I got the nice feeling of a really historic building.
On the one hand it is right in the city of blairgowrie and next to the bus station, from where you can go for example to towns like Perth or Dundee and on the other hand it is next to the river to go for a walk or to the playground. It is a really beautiful area!
The hotel is run by a young couple who is very friendly and do their best to make your stay as great as possible.
Downstairs is a nice pub that could be a little loud sometimes but where you can spend your evenings, meet locals and have a really nice time.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
5  Thank mirigue
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

I wouldn't personally recommend this hotel due to how outdated it is but that's personal preference, i can say that it was clean when we arrived and we never tried the food so cannot comment on that unfortunately

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2016

We stayed in the Victoria Hotel the night before setting off to walk the Cateran Trail. I had read varying reviews but it was very reasonably priced so decided to take a punt and book in here; I'm very glad I did. This room was the cheapest we stayed in on our travels by a long way but was the most comfortable we stayed in. Yes, the decor is a bit tired (although it was all decked out for Hallowe'en when we visited) but it has everything you need, is clean and warm.

We didn't take dinner or breakfast here or stop in the bar for a drink - after wandering around and finding the local pubs empty and serving flat, off beer we ended up in the new looking Wetherspoon's which was great (i.e. the same as every other 'Spoon's).

If you are walking the Cateran Trail the hotel is right on at the start/finish post too.

I would stay here again if passing through without question.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends