Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$88
View deal
Priceline$88
FindHotel$88
Etrip$88
eDreams$88
Agoda.com$88
StayForLong
All reviews no lift hash browns full english few minutes walk a ground floor room high street tea and coffee making facilities new owners short break entertainment island pier cereal hairdryer heating iow
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2021

We stayed four nights and was told on arrival they did not service the rooms during our stay, but if we needed anything we should ask. On opening my room door, I was greeted with a foul stench. I used to work on a sewage works, so this is no exaggeration. In the morning, the window was covered with excessive condensation, indicating there was a damp problem, which may account for the smell. Inadequate room cleaning, with plenty of evidence left from previous guests. Cheap fragile flat pack furnishings. Very small single room, with extremely narrow bathroom. Electric fan heater mounted on the wall in bathroom. Is this legal? No shower matt supplied for extremely slippery shower basin. Shower water did not run away freely and your feet become submerged in a pool very quickly; you can’t relax as you have to watch the water level in case you flood the bathroom. Bathroom shaving light at a bizarre angle! The bathroom light did not work and was hanging down on wires, rather than fixed to the ceiling. No toilet roll holder. No remote control for “microscopic” TV. The Wi-Fi did not work in the room. Sleeping is problematic, trying to find a position where the least amount of springs stick into your body. Tip, drink plenty of alcohol! “Quilts” extremely thin; I have seen thicker blankets. Unintelligible fire escape plan. One fire escape route was through the room window, which would require climbing onto a thin wall and rolling down a roof. You might need to be “James Bond” to get out. Fire alarms were tested at 9-30am without warning, with testers banging on doors to access all rooms. Nearly all the breakfast table numbers were “broken”, a common theme throughout the hotel. Breakfast either cereal or cooked breakfast but not both! No self-service or jugs of juices, you get what you are given! No vegetarian option, just breakfast without meat. Breakfast was small, but reasonably cooked. The bar is open restricted hours and appears to serve as a venue for the proprietors friends, rather than guests. “Hotel” listed as AA two star rated….how?

Every expense spared - only stay if you are desperate or want to find out how NOT to run a “Hotel”.

Room tip: Just don't stay here
Date of stay: September 2021
2  Thank StuartE617
Reviewed 10 September 2021

When we booked this we didn't expect much for the price but we expected more than we got! We ended up with 3 single beds instead of a double and we both woke up in serious pain due to the awful quality of the mattresses! The wallpaper was coming off, the tap in the bathroom was broken and sprayed everywhere, there was no soap or shampoo or anything left for us and the owner didn't seem to care how our experience was.

I honestly wish I had paid more to go elsewhere because it was such a horrible night! I am not a picky person and often stay in cheep hotels and am more than happy but this was truly awful!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rolly4u
Reviewed 28 August 2021

Sophie’s review really said it all..Personally, if the hotel / bed and breakfast did not charge over £100/night, it would not be as bad. It is a very basic hotel where you only want a cheap stay to sleep only really. I would not want to stay there all day, the smell was horrible, I bought my own room spray and cleaning stuff too, although it is fairly clean. However, there really isn’t anyone cleaning the rooms or even changing the bins. The towel we got is not even bath towel, I asked for a big one but still given a small one which I can barely wrap my hair around with it. 3 guest, 2 towels.. surely, it is obvious that there should be 3 towels. Those towels were never replaced for the entire stay Also, we found lots of hair in one of the drawers. So it put us all off in using the drawers. We kept our stuff in our bags. For the price that we paid, at least, you will be expecting this basic things to be provided, including the cleaning..if not, they should not charge so much.. PrOS… yes, there were pros… I slept well… shower is strong..breakfast is good and the man serving was very polite, he was also the only one serving every time we came for breakfast. Very near to the beach and restaurants.. Cookhouse pub is very good for dining but need to book in advance, as well as the other restaurants, need booking. Difficult to find a space for parking, it is situated in a very busy road, very limited parking.
As a bed and breakfast, it is ok if the price of stay is not as expensive as £325/ 3 nights and not including breakfast ,no cleaning.. 1 tiny lux soap , 1 tiny tube of moisturiser I think for 3 guest? Sheraton skyline is £130/ night.. I am just saying….

1  Thank Miriam S
Reviewed 26 August 2021

Checked in around 5pm.
The woman on reception was uninterested, she took the name and handed us the keys and pointed us in the direction to go.
No information given about breakfast, cleaning or entertainment.
Walked up the stairs and faced with awful stench or smelly foods. Opened the door to the room and all we could smell was sweaty mould and damp. The room didn't even smell of any cleaning products.
We expected to see a leaflet with information in the room about breakfast and entertainment etc but there was nothing. There wasn't any spare pillows and only 2 towels on the beds for 3 guests.
Went down to ask about towels and information, no one on reception. Went down to the pier for an hour or so and still no one around when we came back so had to find someone in the basement for an extra towel and asked a random guest in the bar about breakfast as there wasn't anyone behind the bar.
Took a can of air freshener from the reception because no one was there to complain to about the awful smell although the air freshener didn't help one bit.. Everytime we left and came back the small would be back with a vengeance.
One of our group has a low immune system and can get ill quite easily, especially when subjected to strong smells so she was physically sick all 3 nights of our stay. We barely slept all 3 nights due to noise from other rooms and being ill from the smell. I think between the 3 of us we probably only had 9 hours sleep the whole stay.
We noticed that our room wasn't getting cleaned while we were out, no new towels given or bins changed. So half way through the stay before we left for the day we put out our bin bags and towels. When we got back in the evening it was all taken but no clean towels or new toilet roll given so we had to go find some for ourselves again.. that was the first time in 3 days that we saw a member of staff around.
One night we saw someone singing in the bar so decided to sit and watch and he said not a lot of people were watching the entertainment and I thought maybe if we had been told there was entertainment people might have known to watch..
On check out there was no one at the desk so left the keys on reception. Glad to be rid of the place won't stay again. I hold my hands up to the kitchen because breakfast was lovely and the server was always very polite and accommodating. But that's the only nice thing I have to say about this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sophieaF7819RY
Reviewed 20 August 2021 via mobile

Very disappointed with this hotel. Pictures on website looked adequate for our stay. However when we arrived totally different. I would have thought with lockdown that they would have tried to update their rooms and re decorate. Divan bed base was stained and hate to think what the mattress looked like but my husband wouldn’t let me check. As soon as I walked into our room I sat down and tried to find alternative accommodation but everywhere was booked up. Website advertised meals but wasn’t doing meals. This was one of the reasons for booking this hotel. Sorry but I won’t be returning.

Room tip: Don’t book this hotel
Trip type: Travelled as a couple