Beaufort House Guesthouse
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 85
US$ 132
US$ 125
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Wight Bay Hotel(Sandown)(Great Value!)
US$ 82
US$ 111
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

On two occasions I have had the pleasure of staying at the Beaufort House this year, on both occasions I have been more than impressed with the cleanliness friendliness of the guest house, Ian & Denise are two very hard working Hoteliers and there commitment certainly pays off, the breakfast are absolutely fantastic, I would defininatly reccomend this Guest House to anybody.

• Stayed: June 2013
boboSandown, Owner at Beaufort House Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us this year - we're glad you enjoyed your stay(s)!
Hope to see you again soon....

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We have stayed at the Beaufort House Hotel for several years and am always made to feel welcome. Nothing is too much trouble and my party are extremely well looked after by the considerate and caring owners. The hotel is well presented and spotlessly clean at all times. I cannot wait to book again next year. See you next year.

Room Tip: They're all great
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
boboSandown, Owner at Beaufort House Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Many thanks for your kind review. Again, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again next year!!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

i am a frequent traveler since last 20 years and traveled all over the world. lived in all different type of accommodations depending on my age and Budget .(from YMCA to 5 star hotel). but my 2 nights in this property was worst ever. initially this was booked by one of our family friend for 3 adults and 3 kids aged (13, 10 and 6) due to some health reasons one adult had to cancel we called the the owner to make necessary arrangements the owner was not willing to accommodate any of our request. he insisted either 3 adult and 3 kids will check in or cancel the booking we also asked for a extra room so that we could invite one more couple to join us the owner refused to accommodate that request and told us that 2 child cannot live in one room with with or without an adult which is a strange rule but we still agreed to it and invited few more friends since there was no more rooms available as per owner we booked them to a nearby hotel, and made arrangements that 3 adults will live in this property on both night so that we are not braking any rules.
upon checking we traveled from 3 different location London in different cars and the car with kids reached the property reached the property first and they refused to give the key till the 3rd adult arrived. then we asked for few glass in one of the room which was provided to us by the landlady we checked in and went for a walk on our return the glass were missing from room and we were told they are remove from room as its not safe to have them in room with a 10 year old child living in that room but there were other glass fixture in room which i believe were safe.
this was not the end we ware told no one could come to visit us we did not argue with them and agreed to all his terms so that there is no unpleasant situation created in presence of kids and tried to make most of our trip.
upon checkout we returned the keys and returned back to London upon arrival we received a very rude email from owner accusing us damaging his property.
i believe this explanation will make you think twice before you make your booking in this property

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank jayant u
boboSandown, Owner at Beaufort House Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thanks for your review, we are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. As explained to you, we have absorbed the cost of the repairs to the damage that you caused.
I am not going to endorse your comments by entering into an unprofessional response.
We would ask any potential visitors to our property to look at the other reviews here and indeed on other review/booking sites and decide for yourself if our Guesthouse is somewhere you would like to stay (and decide on the validity of this review).
Unfortunately we do have rules that our guests must adhere to for their own safety and for the sake of our other guests. We make no apologies for those.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Just come back from 2 nights here and wish it could have been more.
The owners are very friendly, the breakfast was wonderful and the room we had (though not massive) was well decorated with a comfy bed and plenty of wardrobe and drawer space.
This guest house is only a five minute walk from the pier and sea front but there is no noise to disturb you at night. Just down the road is a really good pub called the Castle which had entertainment on both nights and a lively and friendly atmosphere, as well as a range of well kept real ales.
Nothing more to say except excellent and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2013

This is my second stay at the Beaufort which I recommended to Malc S and his lovely wife! I also came for the Walking Festival and chose to return to the Beaufort because Denise and Ian had made me so welcome. I am Coeliac and they provided me with a complete gluten free breakfast from cereal, through cook breakfast to toast, with even biscuits in my room, a service I have never received at the big hotels. They were helpful and so kind, nothing was any trouble, a real home from home. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends