Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
A small but valued collection

Formally known as the Isle of Wight Zoo this is located on the Sea-Front just North of the Coastal... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
APCMann
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Cute but small

As the main zoo on the Isle of Wight, we thought this would be at least a half a day's visit. We... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago

from US$ 523.06
from US$ 153.46
from US$ 702.55
2,896 results
All reviews big cats lions and tigers beautiful animals zoo keepers nice zoo meerkat experience well worth a visit feeding times sandown zoo few hours isle of wight value for money animals seem couple of hours talks rescued circus
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

We had an absolutely brilliant time on our Year 6 school trip. We were shown around by two lovely guides, Ruth and Jan, who engaged with the children and were so well-informed. Great to learn about their sponsorship of a school in Madagascar. The sanctuary was clean and spacious and well-organised for Covid era. The animals were well kept and it was great to learn their backstories and happy endings. The gift shop was fab. Lots of affordable and quality items. Thanks for a great visit!

Reviewed 26 May 2021

Nice wildlife sanctuary, mainly primates and lions and tigers. Animals look content and well cared for. Keepers were engaging with the animals and happy to tell you about the animals. Fairly cheap to get in with an offer to return within the week for a pound. Only a couple of hours max for a visit but good for families.

1  Thank Tracy G
Reviewed 23 May 2021 via mobile

I booked a tiger feeding experience for my husband for Christmas. We had the best time. Our guide, Ruth, was so knowledgeable about the tigers and we had plenty of time to enjoy it. Huge thanks.

Reviewed 22 May 2021

Absolutely amazing!!!! Anything I write here couldn't do it justice - my two children had "the best day ever" on a zookeeper experience with the lovely Kerry. She was very informative and also very patient with all of the questions being thrown at her! We were with the lemurs, in the tiger enclosure, in with the meerkats. It really was a fabulous day to be remembered forever. Thanks again Kerry. The food was fab too - highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 May 2021 via mobile

My boyfriend and I took part in the Big Cat Experience today and it was AMAZING! Karen, was super friendly and put us at ease. The experience began before the park opened which was excellent for someone like myself who is self conscious of people watching myself. She took us to see the Lynx’s before moving onto Kumba and Vigo followed by Casper and Frosty then the 3 beautiful tigers Zoppa, Natasha and Antonella. The experience also included a memory stick of photos taken while enjoying the experience which we are more than impressed with. Following this we were able to stay at the zoo for as long as we wished to visit all the other animals such as Racoons, Meerkats and Lemurs. Finally, we even got a glimpse of their male tiger Girona. It’s so heartwarming to know that their animals within the sanctuary are rescued from unimaginable circumstances such as the circus or being a pet. Karen was very factual, informing how their tigers had their removed claws removed, why Kumba and Vigo did not have a mane and helpful while we fed the big cats and also ensured our safety was paramount. There’s so much more I could say, if I were to visit the island in the future once more, I would 100% return. Can’t thank the park enough for giving us a once in a lifetime opportunity.