All reviews beefeater next door air con spanish city beefeater restaurant sea view adjoining beefeater council car park per day sea front accessible room teething problems fresh smell council run gala bingo flat walk charges apply meal deal
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Hotel - ok

Parking - Diabolical

Breakfast - Laughable

Hotel is the usual Premier Inn standard, clean, comfy etc.

Nothing much to say about that of course.

However, The A/C is at best - hit and miss. It has a mind of its own and decides that you are now at the temperature that you want to be so I'll switch myself off, which it did ...... constantly.

We raised this issue with the receptionist who stated that this could be overridden with a control behind reception - it didn't work!

We complained again the next morning and was told to call customer services in order to get our money back.

I called customer services who refunded our money.

I would suggest that everyone complains about the A/C issue (if you have one that is) and you will not pay for your stay.

BREAKFAST - It seems to me that the simple idea of making your own toast is such an issue. Several times I placed bread into the toaster - it appeared the first time unscathed from the heat source, so I placed it in again ----- it appeared cremated time and time again.

With no visible control over the heating facilities I complained twice to the server who stated that she would alter the settings. Nothing happened so i went hungry and our breakfast money was returned.

We found a fantastic fish & chip shop in Tynemouth. Far better than any offering from Premier Inn.

Room Tip: You don't get a choice
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Premier Inn Team at Premier Inn Whitley Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hi there

Thanks for taking the time to share your review.

We're pleased to hear you found the hotel to be up to our usual standards and clean, however it's a shame to read of the issues you experienced with the air conditioning and breakfast.

I'm pleased to see you were refunded the cost of your room and breakfast in light of this and I've raised your comments with both the Hotel and Restaurant Managers so they can ensure these issues have been followed up internally and measures put in place to avoid this happening again.

We hope this hasn't put you off staying with us in future.

Kind Regards

Amy

Reviewed 4 April 2018

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2018

A serious lack of car parking at this Premier Inn, even the council car park (where you pay) didn't have any spaces. A hotel like this should provide free car parking for it's customers, as everybody turned up in a car.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2018

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Myself and my Son are frequent Premier Inn visitors and we were not disappointed in this brand new building located next to the sea with lovely views. The room was as you would expect amazingly comfortable bed, extremely clean and modern, the purple light was a nice touch. One major letdown is the car parking, there are a few places and 4 disabled bays but not enough for the hotel, although people parked where they could on grass etc. The BeefEater next door was very nice, busy but the food was tasty and the staff were lovely especially Donna 11/10 service! A word of advice to management you may wish to consider a buffet breakfast on busy days/times if you don’t want any complaining Customers, it will also put let stress on the poor over worked staff, again more at weekend would help. In Summary very family friendly comfortable hotel in a fantastic position next to the sea, definitely worth a visit.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family