“Metrfc ”
Review of The Thirsty Pigeon

The Thirsty Pigeon
Ranked #2 of 5 Nightlife in Douglas
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Went in Saturday night with a group of friends .lively place good singer good atmosphere beer not too bad

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank Martin F

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Great pub for the "craic" always packed and great fun. They even have a Bitcoin machine. Never a dull moment with the crowd in there.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank Manxie1951
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Had a couple of beers in "The Thirsty" with some locals, very friendly welcoming staff. Nicely priced, good spot to watch sport - particularly if travelling on your own I'd say.

Date of experience: April 2017
2  Thank lmigeoff
Reviewed 6 April 2017

I have visited the Thirsty Pigeon a couple of times on my trips to the Isle of Man and one thing we always receive is a warm welcome! I quite fancied a Mint Baileys when I last visited unfortunately the bar staff said they didn't have any.. step forward the owner who made me his own variation of a mint baileys. It was the nicest one I have ever tasted. The bar serves all kinds of unique drinks which no other bar on the island serve, Fantastic service, great drinks. What more do you need!

Date of experience: November 2016
2  Thank John G
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 February 2017

I'll start with a positive - packed and a lively atmosphere. However, staff behind bar atrocious when I visited. Are they trained at all? Busy pub means lots of people to serve( and money for the business). My experience was that staff more interested in themselves and looking good rather than making an effort to get customers what they predominantly go into a pub for - a drink. Waited far too long whilst staff talked to each other and checked themselves in the mirror and I wasn't the only one.

Date of experience: February 2017