“Friendly local pub”
Review of The Thirsty Pigeon

The Thirsty Pigeon
Ranked #2 of 5 Nightlife in Douglas
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Had a couple of beers in "The Thirsty" with some locals, very friendly welcoming staff. Nicely priced, good spot to watch sport - particularly if travelling on your own I'd say.

Date of experience: April 2017
2  Thank lmigeoff

Reviewed 6 April 2017

I have visited the Thirsty Pigeon a couple of times on my trips to the Isle of Man and one thing we always receive is a warm welcome! I quite fancied a Mint Baileys when I last visited unfortunately the bar staff said they didn't have any.. step forward the owner who made me his own variation of a mint baileys. It was the nicest one I have ever tasted. The bar serves all kinds of unique drinks which no other bar on the island serve, Fantastic service, great drinks. What more do you need!

Date of experience: November 2016
2  Thank John G
Reviewed 22 February 2017

I'll start with a positive - packed and a lively atmosphere. However, staff behind bar atrocious when I visited. Are they trained at all? Busy pub means lots of people to serve( and money for the business). My experience was that staff more interested in themselves and looking good rather than making an effort to get customers what they predominantly go into a pub for - a drink. Waited far too long whilst staff talked to each other and checked themselves in the mirror and I wasn't the only one.

Date of experience: February 2017
2  Thank Andyofboltonia W
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

Stumble upon this (& out!) on a walk around Douglas one afternoon, as my father keeps racing pigeons I couldn't walk past! So glad I didn't as the staff & customers are super friendly and we got to taste some of the Manx Cider, Jenny Lay Back, strong & lethal, just had to have another! We visited a few times during our stay & had a great time every time, a great friendly pub, wish I lived down the road from it.

Date of experience: July 2016
2  Thank Amanda H
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Lovely little pub located in Douglas. If you want somewhere to go on a week day with good beer a lack of idiots this could well be worth a look. The only bad point is the design of the toilets which are a very long walk downstairs into the bowels of the building. The disabled toilet is however on the same level as the main pub.

Date of experience: October 2016