“Gorgeous room, delightful service, great food.”
Review of Haworths

Haworths
Ranked #21 of 165 Restaurants in Douglas
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 53
Description: Fine Dining within a very relaxed atmosphere
Description: Fine Dining within a very relaxed atmosphere
Reviewed 22 March 2018

My wife and I ate here as an anniversary celebration, we also stayed overnight at the hotel and I can't recommend both hotel and restaurant enough.
We both chose the taster menu, many small courses giving a great representation of what the kitchen was capable of - and it is certainly capable of providing first class food. The highlight for me was the local Loughtan lamb, a superb meat that I have cooked myself on a number of occasions, never I have to admit to quite this standard. The low point was the soup course, a white onion soup that had little flavour and a rather odd texture, but this was to be fair a small blip on an otherwise great meal.
The dinning room is a beautiful period room, beautiful decorated making it interesting and friendly feeling. The service was friendly and smooth, although I got the impression that the two younger waitresses were fairly inexperienced but measuring up well despite this.
All in all an evening that was well deserving of a 5 star rating - highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

This is a wonderful little gem attached to the Regency hotel and the highlight has to be the barman James and his able sidekick Roshayne. Such wonderful people, so warm, friendly and helpful. The restaurant section is comfortable and the food is really good. I ate the steak with a pepper sauce and chips and was not disappointed. The sticky toffee pudding is worth the trip on its own, amazing!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

My wife and I were staying overnight at the Regency Hotel and Lodge on Queens Promenade, Douglas, for a special ‘Valentine’s Overnight stay on the 16th to 17th February, 2018. The hotel has much character and is in a prime location to the northern end of the crescent-shaped Douglas Bay and Promenade.

Carl and Renee moved to the Regency Hotel about three years ago to open Haworth’s Restaurant. They provide an exquisite fine dining experience in the wood- paneled Dining room, though there are other rooms for special occasions, such as wedding receptions.

We have eaten in this excellent Restaurant a few times in the past and we (and every other diner) always receive first class service from Head Waiter, James, and his assistants. Chef Carl had produced a ‘special’ menu for Valentines Day (and for the days before and after). Pre dinner drinks were on offer in the Bar but we accepted the complimentary glass of Prosecco whilst we made our menu choices. The meal began with a tasty Amuse Bouche and was followed by smoked haddock (or Souffle), a Soup Course, Ravioli of Queenies a ‘local’ delicacy), and a main course of Pork (cooked 3 ways), Breast of Duck, or Cote du Boeuf. A delicious dessert was on offer too, but we had to pass on that as we had had elegant sufficiency! There was a good wine list too.

My wife and I dine out frequently and are fortunate that the Isle of Man boasts quite a few first class restaurants, all of which we frequent. I have to say that Haworths sets a consistently high standard and we both agreed that this was one of the best meals we had experienced over the winter months on the Island.

1  Thank Manxtravellers
Reviewed 23 January 2018

At short notice I had to arrange a dinner for 14, the assistance and attention to detail was fabulous. A suggested 3 choices of starter, maincourse and sweet were pre-ordered,. When we arrived all the guests were made most welcome. The starters were served and then the main course eight were on steak which were all served at the same time, rare, medium rare, medium, medium well and well done all perfect and correct, no mean feat. Could not recommend it more.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We were a large group and pre-ordered from a choice of 3 starters, 3 mains and 3 sweets. I chose crabcakes (actually one deep fried crab ball in a little spicy sauce) very tasty. Baked salmon on samphire which I love, fennel and taragon butter -excellent and creme brulee with orange salad. My only criticism is that there could have been more tangy sauce on the crab cake and more orange salad (a bit minimalist).