“This restaurant is fabulous ”
Review of Enzos Restaurant

Enzos Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 161 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enzos Restaurant. Douglas, Isle of Man. Modern, International Cuisine with an Italian twist! Open for lunch and dinner, Enzo's Restaurant offers modern international cuisine with an Italian twist... A Creative menu with a complimenting wine list and selection of specials. Enzo and the team welcome you into their cosy relaxed atmosphere at Bucks Road Douglas. Just call 622 653 to book your table. We look forward to seeing you at Enzo's Find us on Facebook & Follow us on Instagram
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Again, had a superb meal here. Staff attentive and extremely professional but not intrusive. Food out of this world. A small restaurant which makes it special

1  Thank Suekerruish

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Can't believe the service from this place. My other half booked weeks ago and we were really looking forward to our meal tonight. He was working this morning and we flew out from England this afternoon.... we checked into our hotel and he turned his phone off flight mode to a text to say because he hasn't answered his phone (due to work and flight) the table was cancelled. The phone didn't ring because it was on flight mode! We were shocked to say the least ! We phoned the restraunt and an italian man explained they are a small business and because we failed to answer the call they had no option but to give the table away. I asked why they didnt tell us when we booked that we would need to be available to take a call the morning of booking and he said thats not the point... the point is they called us several times today and we didnt answer, then said to us "look we have people from london coming and you didn't answer even though we tried you 4 times today " i again said why didn't you tell us we had to answer our phone on the morning of booking or you'd cancel ? We would've then made sure . Enzos, after reading your reviews we were really lokkong forward to our evening and its taken us an hour ringing around other restraunts to get a table elsewhere. If this is how your run your business then thats up to you however i strongly suggest telling customers in future as not everyone clings to their phones. Most people expect that once they are told a table has been booked, it is booked. 1 star for the service and also the way the gentleman handled my complaint by shouting at me when I expressed disappointment at what had happened

Enzo C, Owner at Enzos Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Regretfully I need to reply to this review mostly to get the facts right on what it happened on the day .
Whilst Enzo's restaurant has a second to none reputation for good food and service and doing the upmost to accommodate our customers requirements this review has come to us as a shock with the words used to describe the non dining experience in this occasion .
The reservation was made two weeks prior and as we do experience a fair amount of enquiries every week end is our restaurant policy , as it is many if not all restaurants today , to check that table reservation is kept for a very busy Saturday evening .
I personally contact the above reviewer in different times of the day , four times via telephone and twice via text message .
The phone rang every time so that means that the device wouldn't have been on plane mode as this wouldn't have rang at all .
Every time my phone calls were interrupted after 5/6 rings and my two text messages were not replied .
After 6.15 p.m. .eventually the restaurant was called by the person that had made the reservation and as I was explaining that after several calls and messages I hadn't heard from them , I reluctantly had the reservation slot go to someone on our waiting list as I has assume that table wasn't going to be kept . I prompted myself to give a different dining time for the evening and as I was trying to discuss this with the gentlemen which was polite and understanding over the phone his female partner took over the phone call shouting and abruptly putting the phone down on me without giving me the opportunity to accommodate the reservation at a different time on the evening .
Diners should realise that for a restauranteur is financially detrimental to find yourself with one or more empty tables on a busy night only because someone " forgot" to cancel their reservation or changed plans for their evening and unfortunately this has happened few times already since the start of this year .
We endeavour here at Enzo's restaurant to give a good dining experience to all our customers and friends by giving a friendly and very professional service with attention to details and confirming your reservation via phone call , text or e mail is not unusual but part of the modern way of dining out .
Finally this review has been reported to trip adviser as this reflect a false statement of events .

Enzo's Restaurant

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went on Easter Monday to this fine restaurant when it was still surprisingly busy. The food was outstanding. I had the scallops, bream and Affogato to finish with. Could not fault it. Friends all felt the same way with theirs. The sticky toffee pudding got rave reviews. This restaurant has great service and friendly staff and must be at the top of the list for an intimate fine dining experience on the island.

1  Thank IrishMike1964
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

It’s many years since I’ve eaten here. First ate when Gaetano was running it in the 1980’s. Not sure why we stopped going. It was foolish. We’ve missed out.

Last night was a special anniversary. So pleased we chose here.

The room is small, but the way the tables are placed means that you aren’t overlooked or feel you are sharing the table with your neighbours. Decor is simple, grey taupe walls, uplighters, crisp white table cloths and black napkins.

The menu is short and good. Local produce with a modern and Italian twist. Specials board.

We had a deconstructed lobster cocktail and the mushroom soup, both off the specials board. The lobster meat was soft and tender. The soup was thick and had a wonderful mushroom taste.

I had the brill. Perfectly cooked. Served with potatoes and asparagus. He had the filet steak. Moist, pink, perfect. Side of battered fried courgette batons.

Deserts were equally good. Sticky toffee pudding and mascarpone cheesecake.

Accompanied by a crisp Italian white wine and glasses of Marsala Superior to accompany the desert.

Best meal eating out on Isle of Man so far in 2018; and it will be hard to beat. And we will be back sooner rather later. Thanks Enzo and team.

1  Thank John W
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

My friend recommended me Enzos so I decided to visit here. The food were amazing and the service is great! Had a lovely night, thank you :)

1  Thank staceyjjj