“GREAT PUB FOR GOOD FOOD!”

The Terminus Tavern
Ranked #24 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2018

The Termi (as the 'locals' call it, is at the northern end of Douglas Promenade by the historic Douglas Horse Tram Terminus. It is invariably busy with a good range of beers and consistently good food. The landlord is first class and welcoming but he is supported by a good team of well trained bar staff who also wait on tables.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

It is quite unusually for me to be a little negative with my review comments, concerning the preparation of the food that 2 of us had had in this establishment.

One of my friends had Chicken Madras, which was extremely tasty & we had no problem whatsoever with that meal.
Unfortunately two of us had the triple lamb cutlets, with mash, gravy and vegetables. The cutlets in our opinion were too thick, not cooked properly and were oozing with blood. The chef eventually did come to talk to us after we had mentioned this to two other staff members previously.

The chef had not seen our plates with the half eaten cutlets but we were asked by him why we hadn't returned them.
I could have said, "why hadn't you cooked them", but I didn't. It does put you off eating there again, when you could be put in a position to maybe ask to return food because it's not up to standard.

On a positive point, my friend did ask if it was possible to have a round of drinks for the 3 of us, just to compensate slightly for the meal.
He duly obliged and she thanked him accordingly.

HeronBrearleyPubs, Marketing Administrator at The Terminus Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Hi there ttiom.

Thank you for taking the time to write such informed comments regarding your recent visit at the Terminus Tavern.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with your lamb cutlets as, as you can see by our previous reviews, we very rarely receive a negative comment regards our food. We do cook every dish to order but I am sorry you found your lamb to be undercooked. We understand that different people prefer their meat to be cooked differently, which is why our chef asked if you had sent it back to the kitchen as we would have been happy to cook your cutlets for longer to your preference.

I hope this experience hasn't put you off returning to the Terminus Tavern and if you would like to discuss this further, please contact me on feedback@hb.im.

Kind regards,
Lauren,
Marketing Administrator

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Favourite out to visit! Always get amazing food and a lot for your money!

They make a tasty vegetable lasagne

You can’t go wrong here!

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

As said above, the food and staff were fantastic.10/10! Nothing was too much bother and everything was spot on.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Went here with friends from work. Always happy with the food. Really glad they had my favourite... Stilton, pear and walnut salad. Amazing!! Staff are friendly and service is quick. One of my favourite places.