“Very pleasant”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Douglas
Cheshire
“Very pleasant”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Although slightly dated in appearance the Welbeck was warm and cosy and the staff were friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable and the breakfast was very good. Didn't try the restaurant but regretted it as it looked very busy and our own choice wasn't that great. It's quite close to the casino in the Palace Hotel too which is good. On arrival we followed the directions on the website walking from the sea terminal but they were for a car round the one way system and involved a super-steep hill so if you are walking do the sensible thing and keep to the promenade and turn off at the appropriate road! (Probably quite straightforward for the intelligent). This is still quite a hilly approach for the less than agile. We booked via kgb deals so it was excellent value for money for us.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cheekychubbychops
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
UK
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We had four nights at the Welbeck on a quick decision, last minute trip. Only deluxe room was available, so commenting on that level. This is a three star hotel with five star service. Everyone went all out to help in whatever area needed, and always with a smile. Food just amazing, and plenty of it. If I have to pull it up in any area, it would be in the room to room noise, which all hotels seem to get anyway. I would certainly go back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RaspberryLady2
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I have been returning to stay at the Welbeck whilst visiting the isle of man since 2008 the staff always welcome me like and old friend. The food is excellent. I write this after enjoying a perfect fillet steak. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Murr4y
liverpool
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I only had a short stay here, due to some poor planning at the command level. But what a lovely stay it was. The room I stayed in was a very lovely single. After a full set of XO rounds I can report that the room was up to Admiral rounds standard. It was good to see a fully stocked tea boat, with two packs of biscuits, but I only had the one pack, you know I must keep navy fit. The large telly was a real treat too; it made viewing true blood even more enjoyable. The real treat came when I got turned in, wow what a bed and very good black out blinds, shame I had to get up early, dam the bad planning of my old boss. The only down side is I was so happy I wanted to buy a beer, I know, it wasn’t Christmas but I thought what the hell. I got to the bar only to find no one serving, I waited around for a bit then came to my senses then left before I had to part with any cash. The HOD of the bar needs to re-brief their staff.

Room Tip: My oppos can report all rooms are good.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank grumpyoldgunner
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed here march 12 during our Easter voyage with some Burley sailors, the room could have easily passed as 5 star standard rather than the awarded 3 it has recieved, they were spacious, with quality in every department, curtains, bedding, bathroom , fittings etc etc ..
Good Wi Fi which is a must in these modern but demanding times....we all enjoy a bit of the old Mushroom surfing !?! Breakfast was of a good standard, good to see a bit of smoked fish on the menu...Ding dang bloody doo. say no more...reccomended BZ

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Sharktraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Douglas
1.2 km away
0.5 km away
The Rutland Hotel
The Rutland Hotel
#6 of 17 in Douglas

Been to The Welbeck Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK