Ellan Vannin Metro Hotel
Empress Hotel(Douglas)
The Welbeck Hotel(Douglas)
Ascot Hotel(Douglas)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdaily newsletterisle of manhome made cakesfresh cakesferry terminallittle touchesmanx breakfastbiscuitsno liftsea viewbreakfast was amazingsea frontcoffee machinesmall hotelexcellent hoteldefinitely stay here againowners and staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A lovely townhouse along the Isle of Man's Promenade, but only with sea views from the front rooms. I had such a suite, plenty of floor-space, 2 very comfortable modern chairs with footstools placed to enjoy the view out the huge bay window! Modern bathroom with walk in shower (my preference), Very clean and well kept. The staff went out of their way to accommodate me, even running upstairs with me to show me how the old fashioned steam radiators worked.
Note however if you cannot climb stairs, this place has no elevator (lift). Also I would have preferred a firmer bed, but quite acceptable.

Room Tip: Only front rooms, which have a higher rate, have a sea view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
EllanVanninHotel, Manager at Ellan Vannin Metro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

What a lovely review to read John thank you! It was our pleasure to look after you during your stay and we are just delighted you enjoyed your stay - the view across Douglas Bay really is wonderful from our sea view rooms.
Do come back again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Another great stay at this friendly hotel on Douglas promenade. Always a warm welcome, nice rooms and staff who really try to make sure your stay is perfect.
Don’t miss the great Manx breakfast! Thanks once again, be back soon!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your lovely review Andrew, it's always a pleasure to welcome you and we are already looking forward to your next visit :)

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I stayed here for two nights mid-week for a work trip and thought the hotel was lovely. This was my first visit to this hotel. The lady who checked me in was very welcoming. I loved the little touches in the bedroom, from welcome informatIon addressed to me personally to a hand made cake and biscuit in the room, which was replenished the next day. The tea/coffee tray was very well stocked with filter coffee, instant coffee and tea. Fresh milk was available to bring back to the room at any time night or day from the dining room, on a self-serve basis, which was really convenient. The bed was really comfortable and the room an ideal temperature. I had breakfast at the hotel on both mornings. The food was lovely and the people who worked in the restaurant were also very welcoming. I will definitely stay here again and would definitely recommend it.

1  Thank judemckay0609
EllanVanninHotel, Manager at Ellan Vannin Metro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

What a lovely review to read Jude thank you so much, you have really brightened our day :)
It was an absolute pleasure to look after you during your stay and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Ellan Vannin Hotel.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Stayed here on business for around 8 weeks. I moved rooms three times more for my own comfort than the hotel itself, every room is pretty different in size and shape although spotlessly clean. I will say though that some of the rooms are being slowly refreshed and refurbed which did not deter me in the slightest.
Had a chance to have breakfast a couple of times and I must say it was very good.
As for the girls they seemed to work endlessly and were absolutely fantastic nothing was ever too much trouble for them. Although they had most TV channels in the bar they could do with more in the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Martin L
EllanVanninHotel, Manager at Ellan Vannin Metro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you Martin for your lovely review. It was a pleasure to look after you during your stay on the Isle of Man and your kind words about our staff really does make our day. We do hope you return to the Island again soon and indeed to the Hotel :)

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

One night business stay with colleagues. Excellent location and friendly check in service. Room was lovely and warm, and a little treat of snacks in the room. Plenty of sockets for usb charging, clean towels laid out for the bathroom . Had a drink in the bar on our return, chatted to the really friendly owner. Breakfast was great and excellent selection to choose from . Thank you for an excellent stay

1  Thank Jamie S
EllanVanninHotel, Manager at Ellan Vannin Metro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thank you Jamie for your lovely review. We are just delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, please do come and visit us again soon.