“Fave”

Ocean
Ranked #56 of 164 Restaurants in Douglas
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 33
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Becoming a regular to this quayside haunt. What i like best is that being fussy, i need to tweak things that i eat on a menu and they are happy to do so. The service from the staff is superb and although i do not eat too exotic, i love looking at food and the food here looks fantastic and according to my other guests, tastes as good as it looks. Looking forward to many more summer days and evenings in here. A great addition to the quayside.

Ian S, Owner at Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thanks Px, we always aim to give our customers the best experience no matter what there needs are. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thanks

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My first time to visit the restaurant and hoped it would be as impressive as the previous Samphire. End result: my worst experience ever. Waitress’s unprofessional and arrogant attitude + lack of serving skills was rather shocking. We had 2 mussel pots and 1/3 of the dish tasted off and some un-opened. We left feeling totally disappointed and won’t plan to return or recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Luuuupaaaa
Ian S, Owner at Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you kindly for leaving your review. My apologies that you did not enjoy your enjoy your experience with us, we work hard here at Ocean to give our customers the best experience possible.

In regards to your comments about the waitress, I take exception to the 'unprofessional and arrogant atttiude' and I find this impossible to believe as she is incredibly popular with most of our customers for her kind hearted and polite nature. She is a waitress in training so perhaps the lack of serving skills may be somewhat justified, however I do believe she is still a very good waitress.

In regards to the Mussel Pots, it is always difficult with shellfish and although it is a delicious genre of food it is often wrought with issues. However it was nice to see that you still managed to finish off the 3rd of the dish which apparently was off? And thank you also for the call to the health inspector for this, who was happy to sign off that there were no issues with our mussels or any other of our foods for that matter.

I regret that you will not be revisiting or recommending our Restaurant as pleasing our customers and welcoming them back is what we are all about, however I 100% feel that your review is not 100% justified.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We were a small crowd but we received all the necessary attention. The starter drinks were the usual range of foreign beers and drinks which were fine.
The staff were attentive but not over the top and they had monogrammed uniforms. The starter menu was a good selection and the mussle pot was great. The main course was fish for me but the others had a selection of meaty dishes. Overall I would say that it was a pleasant experience and I would go again.
I cannot comment on the bill because I was fortunate enough to not be paying.

Ian S, Owner at Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you very much for the kind review. It seems you have picked up on all the points we are proud of and we hope to look after you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Simple Fantastic, all day breakfast was lovely, service was excellent, bloody Mary's to die for! As a family (14 and 10yr olds) this was a superb Sunday brunch in a wonderful friendly restaurant. Too be highly recommended.

Hi Adrian

That's fantastic and I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Please try our Lunch and Evening menus as well.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Recently visited this restaurant, and was really pleased with the food, service and the general decor. Staff were friendly and attentive without being intrusive, although not a cheap night it was worth it. Would definitely eat here again. It would be nice to try some of the normal menu dishes as we ate the valentines specials..

Hi Cowie 21

Thanks for the great review, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Definitely try our other menus, we offer Brunch, Lunch and Evening.