Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$195
View deal
Priceline$194
eDreams$195
FindHotel$194
Tripadvisor$195
ZenHotels.com
Destinia.com
All reviews sea view isle of wight michelin star dining room large room tea and coffee facilities special occasion fresh milk fine dining lovely view great weekend a real treat excellent food nothing is too much trouble balcony wines emily
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 April 2022 via mobile

As soon as we walked through the door we were made so welcome. We were seated near the window on what was a glorious day. We had heard such good reviews about the Hambrough and it didn't disappoint, the food was amazing, the beef we had just melted in your mouth, with that and the rest of the courses it was a wow at every mouthful.! Thanks for exceptional service and amazing food, we can't wait to return.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lawns
Reviewed 9 March 2022

I don’t normally write reviews on line but after reading the last review I feel it is my duty to completely disagree with it. My husband and I ate here two weeks ago for our anniversary and we had an absolutely amazing experience. The food was delicious and if anything the portions were a little too big for me to manage. But I soldiered on and had a dessert and chocolates. Which I am glad I had. Obviously the man in the previous post should stick to pub grub if that’s what he prefers. Keep up the good work.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hambrough Restaurant and Bar, Guest Services / Front Office at The Hambrough, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2022

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear you had an amazing experience here with us.
I will be sure to pass your comments onto our team.

Kindest Regards

Suzanne

Reviewed 23 November 2021

A great weekend at the Hambrough.
Starting with a friendly welcome, always appreciated.
The rooms are spacious with great views over the Channel.
The restaurant was very good, wonderful Saturday night menu, excellent cooking.
V good breakfasts in the dining room overlooking the harbour.

1  Thank RichardHbt

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We have to agree we are so lucky to be situated with such stunning views.

We hope you will return again soon.

Kindest Regards

Suzanne

Reviewed 20 November 2021

Villa Lavinia on Hambrough Road, is fantastic, with sea views. The beds are comfy, the food at the Hambrough is superb, the staff are delightful and the villa is clean and really relaxing and a great option to staying at the main hotel, if you like your independence. Except for one thing.

If, like us, you're coming from a busy city, the thought of parking wars won’t be on your list of must haves for your holiday on the Isle of White.

The first evening we were startled by a violent banging on the door, we met the first of our new neighbours on either side of us. We had parked on the road outside of our house, and maybe 10cm outside of the alignment of our house and next door, the road in front of our neighbours parked car was empty?! The neighbour was aggressive in the extreme shouting at my 75 year old mother and reminding her we were only renters and how many properties he owns for some reason, he made my 80 year old father come downstairs and move his car, we ended up parking down the road just to stop him shouting, it was frankly horrible and quite humiliating.

The second evening, my Father took great care to make sure we were parked correctly outside our house to the mm. This time it was the husband and wife from the other side returning, thumping on the door and shouting, they were even more aggressive, again for some reason reminding us we were just renting the property, they said the parking space outside of the villa was also there's, for their 2nd car, as well as their own house, basically they have commandeered the villa’s parking as their own. They told us they would carry on shouting until we moved, which is what they did, they stood in the street staring at us through the window until we moved, the hotel unbelievably left us to sort this out and actually phoned us in the end and asked us to move, so we did, this house has no proper available parking until the hotel gets to grips with this ridiculous situation.

What the villa has been allowed by the neighbour at No:5 in the way of parking is a small sliver in front of the gate to their own garden, only these two neighbours make sure no one can actually park there, well maybe with a Smart car, by carefully positioning their own vehicles for maximum disruption as close as possible to the boundary of the villa they have set themselves. If you do manage to maneuver your vehicle into this odd sliver of land you wouldn't be able to access the garden, making me believe the lines indicated in front of the small garden gate, show an area not to be parked in for access, rather than the sole allocated area for the house.

If I was here with my family, our estate car, buckets and spades etc, this would be a major issue not being able to park outside the property. The house sleeps 10 people, so  be prepared to park at the main hotel which is a short walk away.

What’s unbelievable, is the hotel hasn't sorted this issue out, and has appeared to accept what is going on, if this was my property I would be sending a solicitors letter to the neighbour at no:5 who has commandeered the Villa's parking for their second car and checking with the land registry office for clarity, as one house taking the parking spaces of two properties can be easily contested.

Sadly these neighbours really changed the good vibes we arrived with, we never got to park the car anywhere near the house for the rest of the holiday and they watched our every move, incase we dared try and park outside of our 'rented' house again, it was a very odd experience and very uncomfortable, though we loved the house and hotel we would never choose to put ourselves in this toxic environment out of choice. I'm just glad my children weren't with us, and didn't have to witness what can only be described as the neighbours from hell.

Room tip: Don't stay at the villa if you're elderly and need easy access to your car.
2  Thank spaceshrew
Reviewed 10 November 2021 via mobile

What a wonderful stay we had at The Hambrough! Lovely rooms. Fantastic location with sea views. Warm staff members. And a restaurant with gorgeous food to boot! What more could we want?!? Highly recommend! Well worth the checking it out!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple