We were participating in two Classic car shows so the main reason we booked this hotel was for the car park. On arrival we were greeted by Emma on the reception desk. What a delightful young lady. So very cheerful and friendly. She checked us in and we dumped our bags and had a look around the hotel and grounds. It is a lovely Victorian house with 2 pools and a spa.Around the outside pool is a great suntrap. All of the other guests were classic car owners, so the atmosphere was great. The couple who own the hotel mix with the guests and you can see where Emma gets her personality from. Dining in the restaurant was an experience in its self with the 2 waiters Andy and Chris providing great service with humour and great interaction with the guests. The chef cooked the most delicious food and presentation was faultless. I have dined at Gordon Ramsey's and it was of equal standard. There was a great chap who multi-tasked on reception and as a cheerful barman. (Sorry I couldn't remember your name.) We couldn't fault our stay. We are going to recommend to our local car club to stay there next year. Thank you all so much for making our stay memorable. Hope to see you next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bourne Hall, an elegant Country House, Hotel and restaurant, set in mature grounds in Shanklin, Isle of Wight. Originally built in the late 1860’s, said to be for one of Queen Victoria’s ladies in waiting, the "house" still retains its sense of history whilst providing comfortable accommodation enhanced by its original Victorian features. Uniquely located on an elevated position at the foot of Luccombe Downs, benefits both countryside and coastal Vistas. The Hotel enjoys exquisite views, by day and night, across Sandown and Shanklin Bay, and onwards to Culver Downs. Situated minutes walk south of Shanklin "old village," this 30 bedroom, 3 star hotel offers a range of classic and premier rooms, family rooms and suites, comprehensive leisure & health facilities, and a stylish restaurant. Bourne Hall provides the ideal setting for weekend special breaks or longer stays, private functions, weddings and business meetings/conferences. We take pride in our friendliness and attention to detail and always endeavour to make your experience comfortable and most enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Bourne Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bourne Hall Country Hotel And Restaurant
- Bourne Hall Country Shanklin
- Bourne Hall Country Hotel Shanklin, Isle Of Wight