But for the fantastic staff this may have only got four points ....
I stayed here for four nights with a car club tour about 30 people, including a few with disabilities, in total. It's an old privately owned hotel and inside, particularly upstairs, a bit of a rabbit warren.
Being located on a quiet road leading out of Shanklin to nowhere means there is very little passing traffic.
If you need WiFi then I have yet to find it in the rooms but it is available in the public areas downstairs ... it also seems the TVs can be a bit hit and miss. The car park isn't quite big enough when the hotel is full but, as the hotel is located on a quiet lane that goes nowhere parking on the road isn't a problem.
On the plus side, which really does outweigh the negative, the restaurant is very good and the staff are not only very helpful and friendly but quite entertaining too. Our disabled guest had ground floor rooms and were given help with their luggage.
The hotel is situated looking over Shanklin Bay and is about 15 minutes walk from Shanklin ... the swimming pools (indoor and outdoor are good).
It's good value for money too and I would return to Bourne Hall with no hesitation whatsoever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bourne Hall, an elegant Country House, Hotel and restaurant, set in mature grounds in Shanklin, Isle of Wight. Originally built in the late 1860’s, said to be for one of Queen Victoria’s ladies in waiting, the "house" still retains its sense of history whilst providing comfortable accommodation enhanced by its original Victorian features. Uniquely located on an elevated position at the foot of Luccombe Downs, benefits both countryside and coastal Vistas. The Hotel enjoys exquisite views, by day and night, across Sandown and Shanklin Bay, and onwards to Culver Downs. Situated minutes walk south of Shanklin "old village," this 30 bedroom, 3 star hotel offers a range of classic and premier rooms, family rooms and suites, comprehensive leisure & health facilities, and a stylish restaurant. Bourne Hall provides the ideal setting for weekend special breaks or longer stays, private functions, weddings and business meetings/conferences. We take pride in our friendliness and attention to detail and always endeavour to make your experience comfortable and most enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Bourne Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bourne Hall Country Hotel And Restaurant
- Bourne Hall Country Shanklin
- Bourne Hall Country Hotel Shanklin, Isle Of Wight