“ Tasty Food”

Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 41
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Morgans serve the finest home made cuisine using the best produce the Isalnd has to offer. Alongside the extensive menu is the special board which changes daily and is known for is fresh local fish and shellfish.About Tim Morgan; After working at several top london restaurants, and alongside Marco Pierre White, Tim brought his dream of owning his own restaurant back to the Isle of Wight in 2006 to open Morgans restaurant in Shanklin High Street.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked only a couple of hours before on a Saturday evening, which I'm glad we did.

We didn't have a starter but was given delicious bread.
I had Hake, which was well cooked and 'meaty'. It came with dauphinois potatoes, perhaps I had a middle part as more soggy than crisp but still a great flavour and 2 scallops, one of which was slightly overcooked but this didn't detract from the overall taste obviously. The accompanying sauce was lovely.
Also had steak which really well cooked (medium/well) and was melt in the mouth, not chewy at all.
The vegetables that came with both were excellent, cooked really well where many restaurants fail by boiling to death. We especially loved the spinach.
We had ice cream for dessert which also nice flavour.

The service was really relaxed and friendly. The Morgan's way seems to not rush you, which we like, but others may find it too chilled but bah them!!

I would recommend Morgan's as my Hake was lush and the steak was rhetorically questioned as best ever had.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was recommended to this restaurant by the b&b I was staying at, and what a great recommendation. You do need to book, which I had done, and although I arrived early I was welcomed warmly and shown to my table. The staff are very friendly and helpful, but the food was just superb! Fantastic amounts, and very tasty. I would definitely go back if I ever visit again, and highly recommend this.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant gave us our best meal whilst visiting the Isle of Wight. The skate wing was lovely. We will definitely return next year

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Ate here twice in three days during out 5 nights on the Island. Always go at least once whenever we visit. I imagine that sort of speaks for itself, however again, I couldn't fault the food or the service on either night.

On the first night, my partner and I enjoyed a wonderful meal of bisque followed by fish and chips (me) and hake (my good lady) both uniformly excellent.

On the second night, we had another wonderful bisque followed by excellent pork belly with wonderful mashed potators and a divine sauce (me) and a dressed crab salad (my good lady). Mine was, again, excellent. There was a slight issue with my partner's crab, but this was dealt with expertly and professionally by the staff.

The staff are outstanding, attentive and presonable.

Will definitely be visiting again, when we next visit the island.

1  Thank The_Doc99
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Call resturant approx 830pm head waiter met our needs even though the kitchen was due to close at 9pm when we arrived at 9pm we were welcomed warmly and not rushed the food is amazing as is the wine a wonderful experience we will be back