“Lovely sea front hotel.”
Review of The Steamer Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shanklin
The Steamer Inn
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Shanklin
Reviewed 3 November 2017

I stayed here while on business at the end of October. I stayed in a sea view room which was very spacious with a lovely balcony overlooking the sea front. The rooms are a bit dated, but kept spotless & the bed was super comfy. The only drawback was the wifi, but I was advised they are putting in a new system shortly. You are reserved a table for breakfast every morning which is served between 0830 & 0900 which I thought was a bit of a tight window, but they will accommodate if you need to eat earlier. I also had my evening meal on one of the 4 nights I was there. They food was delicious & portion sizes spot on. I would recommend you book a table as it gets very busy every day of the week. All in all a nice hotel for a short stay

Room Tip: Reserve a sea view room, lovely view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Really great food really friendly and great service the room is very clean cannot fault the steamer lnn I would highly recommend that you try the steamer lnn .And the breakfast is yum will be back next year

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Great food an drink lovely pub interior is well done the food is ample sized portions all cooked fresh lovely setting an views of the channel staff are excellent an service is very good the place is very clean would eat again here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2017

We discovered The Steamer Inn by chance 6 years ago & have returned to eat there on the fabulous covered terrace every year since. This time we stayed in the family room for three nights, and my Mum had a seafront double room with an unbeatable view. We were warmly welcomed by all staff, & looked after particularly well by the mother & daughter duo (apologies for not remembering their names!) at breakfast (which is one of the best I've tasted). We all enjoyed ourselves so much that we booked immediately on our return for another 2 nights in October.

Room Tip: Room 3 has a fantastic seaview, well worth paying for!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We ate here a couple of times and each time the food was well cooked, plentiful and arrived very quickly. The views of the coast made a good evening even better! We found the staff very pleasant and efficient too.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
0.1 km away
11.1 km away
Chale Bay Farm
Chale Bay Farm
#1 of 4 in Chale

Been to The Steamer Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK