Lower Hyde Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Hazelwood(Shanklin)
  • Breakfast included
The Swiss Cottage Shanklin(Shanklin)
Roseglen Hotel(Shanklin)
  • Room Service
Langham Court(Shanklin)
  • Breakfast included
1,329 results
All reviewspark resortsplatinum caravansignature lodgesun holidayoutdoor poolbronze caravantouring siteco opadult entertainmenton site shopgreat siteentertainment teamgreat holidaysister sitecentral heatingblackgang chinefamily holiday
Reviewed 21 November 2017

We stayed 16th - 20th October booking a pet friendly caravan. We originally booked a Seagull Chalet but upgraded to an Island Caravan as it had central Heating. We paid an extra £80 to bring our two small dogs for 4 nights on top of the original cost which I assumed covered the cost of extra cleaning etc.

We was quite disappointed with the Island Caravan to be honest, the carpet was stained in the living area, the table looked like it was made of a sheet of old MDF which was heavily ring stained. The glasses in the kitchen area were greasy and had the last occupants fingerprints on. Surprising on top of one of the bedrooms wardrobes I found a greeting card that was dated July so would assume the tops of the wardrobe also hadn't been dusted since then. Most of our issues with the caravan were down to basic housekeeping which for the money we paid I did expect more.

Park was good in general, Tidy and the groundsman kept the leaves and any litter under control. Bar staff were friendly and service was good but the entire park was very quiet.

In all an average short break, Normally we use Haven but is none on the Island so choose Parkdean even with the extra charge for pets. Haven allow 2 dogs Free of charge and the standard of their pet friendly accommodation is much higher. A tip for Parkdean - In pet caravans take out the carpets and replace with Laminate flooring like Haven have. Much easier to keep clean.

Unsure if I would return to Parkdean which is a shame as the park is Lovely, just the caravan let it down for us.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can, the high end accommodation looks lovely
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
CustomerServicePR, Guest Relations Manager at Lower Hyde Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, although I am sorry that on this occasion we did not live up to your expectations. Your accommodation should have been perfectly clean on your arrival, and I do hope you reported this to reception to give us a chance to rectify the issue. I do thank you once more for this valuable feedback.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Fantastic Holiday park..
Boardwalk Lodge excellent..New 2017 on park
Hot Tub new with lovely views over countryside
Master bedroom pocket sprung mattress.( very deep mattress)
Large decked area with table & chairs ..Rattan sofa & chairs
Loads of space

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Sarah J

Thank you for taking the time to post this fantastic review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in one of our lodges, they really are very spacious and well equipped, and I do hope you enjoyed your hot tub.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Originally had a bland chalet,at Egypt Point,but asked if we could upgrade....paid for an upgrade and was given the choice of A reef caravan for £20 ,or a Cove Caravan,which was available imeadiately , a platinum 2 bedroom ,with verandah and parking in Osbourne Grove,a new development .....glad we took up this,as it was beautiful ,really comfortable...will try

Room Tip: Always worth seeing if you can upgrade
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank jethrondenzil

Thank you for sharing your views on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that you were able to get a last minute upgrade and that you were extremely happy with your accommodation and I do hope you would consider Parkdean Resorts for any future holidays.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as part of our sun holiday obviously you do get what you pay for BUT our caravan was very clean and tidy we didn’t really use on site entertainment we went exploring the island instead, we choose you have bedding included in our stay and that was fine bed all made on our arrival. Was a good caravan site and I think we’d visit again, we don’t have children but it was half term when we went and the activities for the kids looked amazing.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this 5 star review for Lower Hyde. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the standard of your accommodation. Lower Hyde is a great base to explore the Island and I do hope you would chose to stay with us again on any future visits.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Just spent half term on a Sun break, which I upgraded to central heating /double glazing . Had a van in Osbourne Grove . Furthest away , but lovely and quiet. Spacious
and very warm . Couldn’t fathom out the heating lol! Should have asked ! Staff helpful. Ate in restaurant and took grandkids in amusements and bar . Ideal base for visiting , lots to do . Have booked a lodge direct in their other camp , Landguard for next Oct . I may have a break with the Sun before then !

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for posting this very positive review for Lower Hyde. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in one of our lodges, they really do have that ‘home from home’ feel to them, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Shanklin next October.