Lowest prices for your stay
$143
Free cancellation until 15/07/22
Priceline$142
Hotels.com$143
Travelocity$143
All reviews great location full english breakfast quirky things double and single bed family room tea and coffee friendly owners water pressure bed and breakfast comfortable room feel very welcome lovely hosts breakfast was excellent grange garden lesley island
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 December 2021 via mobile

Stayed here one night with my partner late November. Very good service room was comfortable and warm as it was cold outside. Lovely big comfortable bed. Full English breakfast included was lovely. They have a bar and restaurant on site too. Very good value for money, lovely hosts, warm and comfortable room in a good location in shanklin. Would highly recommend and will certainly be using again on our next visit to the island.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank zoneb5
Reviewed 3 November 2021 via mobile

It was an ad hoc booking and chosen randomly. We loved it there from the start, friendly staff very accommodating. The hotel was very clean and kept well. Great bar and beautiful breakfast. Very enjoyable indeed!
Highly recommend. Nothing was much trouble.

Room tip: Parking and breakfast included
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Aneta S
Reviewed 4 August 2021

I stayed here with my 13 year old son and 9 year old daughter in a family room (1 double and 1 single bed)

I have spent years on the road so I am quite picky about where I stay, but we struggled to find anywhere available and this popped up after a couple of refreshes on a booking site.

My first impression was that this place is nicely quirky, with interesting objets d'art, and it is clean.

We were immediately made to feel very welcome and were able to check into our room despite being two hours early.

The room (room 14) was bright, airy and comfortable and easily spacious enough for an adult and two children. The shower was hot, the towels were fluffy and clean and the beds comfortable - what more can you ask for? (Wifi? Yep - got that, Free easy parking, Yep, that too...)

This only very slight annoyance (and it is very, very slight) is that I could hear whoever was in the room above moving about and coughing from an early hour - but that was probably down to the individual and not the location.

Palmerston Grange is in a great location: It's easy to get to the town in one direction or to walk (or take the lift) to the beach in the other.

Breakfast was served by a smiling Lesley - the kids loved it, I had plenty of coffee. Happy days.

My son's comment when he first saw the room was "our luck is in" - I'd have to agree with that.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank cameronh334
Reviewed 11 July 2021

Let me start off by saying that the building is great. The owners seemed nice and everything was clean. The other good thing was the waitress who served breakfast! Outstanding!
The down side... The bathroom. If you are of a larger size then you will struggle to fit in the shower cubical! When you do the shower head does not stay up and there is little force to it! The other problem was our double bed. It was two singles pushed together so not a great nights sleep!
On a last note... I have no idea what the Wi-Fi was like as we never did find someone to ask what the password was!!
For one night it is a good place to stay... More than one night I am not sure.

Room tip: If you are large do NOT have room 1. Bad room!!
Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 6 July 2021

Great little b&b. Lots of quirky things to look at, great breakfast and the bar was brilliant - busy every night, which says a lot! Our hosts were polite and friendly.

The location was fantastic, easy to get everywhere, with the bonus of free parking. I really enjoyed an afternoon drink in the pretty gardens. Everywhere, including the rooms, was spotlessly clean.

Our room (room 12) had a few problems which is why I can't rate 5*... The bathroom didn't fit with the rest of the theme and decor of the hotel - it was bland and almost hospital - like. The water pressure was poor and the shower drain was almost blocked, meaning our showers had to be quick so as not to flood the bathroom. The toilet roll was very cheap and nasty.

The bedroom had only one mirror, and there was no plug nearby, meaning I had to dry my hair using my phone camera then cram onto the floor to do my makeup. The bed was small - I'm 5'8" and my feet hung over the end - but the room itself is very small so this probably couldn't be helped.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay but a little bit more attention to detail in the rooms themselves could make this b&b a true 5*.

Date of stay: July 2021