Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$137
Priceline$137
Hotels.com$137
Travelocity$137
Trip.com$137
Orbitz.com$137
All reviews great location full english breakfast quirky things double and single bed family room tea and coffee friendly owners water pressure bed and breakfast comfortable room feel very welcome lovely hosts breakfast was excellent grange garden lesley island
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 July 2021

Let me start off by saying that the building is great. The owners seemed nice and everything was clean. The other good thing was the waitress who served breakfast! Outstanding!
The down side... The bathroom. If you are of a larger size then you will struggle to fit in the shower cubical! When you do the shower head does not stay up and there is little force to it! The other problem was our double bed. It was two singles pushed together so not a great nights sleep!
On a last note... I have no idea what the Wi-Fi was like as we never did find someone to ask what the password was!!
For one night it is a good place to stay... More than one night I am not sure.

Room tip: If you are large do NOT have room 1. Bad room!!
Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 6 July 2021

Great little b&b. Lots of quirky things to look at, great breakfast and the bar was brilliant - busy every night, which says a lot! Our hosts were polite and friendly.

The location was fantastic, easy to get everywhere, with the bonus of free parking. I really enjoyed an afternoon drink in the pretty gardens. Everywhere, including the rooms, was spotlessly clean.

Our room (room 12) had a few problems which is why I can't rate 5*... The bathroom didn't fit with the rest of the theme and decor of the hotel - it was bland and almost hospital - like. The water pressure was poor and the shower drain was almost blocked, meaning our showers had to be quick so as not to flood the bathroom. The toilet roll was very cheap and nasty.

The bedroom had only one mirror, and there was no plug nearby, meaning I had to dry my hair using my phone camera then cram onto the floor to do my makeup. The bed was small - I'm 5'8" and my feet hung over the end - but the room itself is very small so this probably couldn't be helped.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay but a little bit more attention to detail in the rooms themselves could make this b&b a true 5*.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2021 via mobile

Only stayed one night, but was made very welcome.
Rooms good value for money. Tea and coffee included.

Five minute walk from Shanklin Chine and 5 minute walk in opposite direction down the steps to the Esplanade.

Anyway, back to the hotel. Bar area very homely. See how many hats you can count throughout the hotel. Intetesting artifacts all around.

Breakfast was cooked fresh and plenty of it.

Room tip: Definitely wear trainers for the walking. The Chine is a must do. Make sure you check what needs to be booked before you go.
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2021

This was a pleasant and truly unique experience, very friendly owners who keep the place clean and covid compliant. The Breakfast was excellent and the rooms were perfect for our needs. There is a well stocked bar and the gardens stand out as the best in the area. The decor and trimmings are very different and are a great talking point that made us all smile. We loved it and would definitely return .

Room tip: Family rooms offer semi separate sleeping areas.
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank A6525IRbobl
Reviewed 27 October 2020

A good location just a few minutes walk to the High Street or to the beach. The Cliff lift wasn't in operation when we were there so be prepared to climb loads of stairs to get back up from the beach. The hotel (or B&B as the owners call it) has free parking for residents and a nice bar which is open to the public. Breakfast was good and plentiful. The themes of all the nik-naks throughout the hotel (and there are plenty of them) are a bit confusing and it makes you wonder how one relates to the other. It was the same in our room which had the two weirdest ceiling lamps that I have ever seen. The bed was large, firm and comfortable. The en-suite shower cubicle was the smallest that I have ever had the mis-fortune to use and the water pressure was ridiculously poor. Owners were friendly but generally kept themselves to themselves which ain't a bad thing.

Date of stay: September 2020