1,921 results
All reviewscultra innmitre restaurantafternoon teabeautiful hotelupgraded to a suitemacaroonscrozier loungestar experiencefirst classpure luxurythe general managermain restaurantfrom start to finishdrawing roomhastings groupducktop class
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

We’re just back from an overnight stay at the amazing Culloden Estate and Spa. This place is just perfect, luxurious surroundings, friendly and efficient staff, and beautiful decor. If you are looking for somewhere to get away from all the hassle and bustle of everyday life, this place is hard to beat.
We were greeted by Sarah, Front of House Manager. She was so welcoming, congratulating us on our wedding anniversary. She was also fantastic in working with my wife to arrange this amazing surprise visit for me.

We stayed in the Craigavad Suite, extremely spacious, sumptuous, and relaxing, with stunning views over Belfast laugh to enjoy whilst eating breakfast.
The food is excellent, using the best local produce, we were treated to a truly memorable meal in the Mitre restaurant. The staff were so engaging, Rachel in the restaurant was the perfect host.
The Chef’s really outdid themselves with our meal, the meats cooked perfectly and the sauces really complimented both of our main courses.
The night manager Mark was great too. He was entertaining a group of American tourists, with his hand cut Tayto Cheese and Onion and great Northern Irish banter.

A visit to the Culloden would not be complete without a visit to the spa. Nicky and Kerry were extremely welcoming, and I would highly recommend Zuma for a treatment.
This place really is a fantastic hotel, super friendly staff and beautiful surroundings, what more could you ask for...

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
cullodenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your amazing review of the Culloden Estate & Spa.

We're delighted you enjoyed your stay especially as you were celebrating your wedding anniversary (Congratulations!!).

I'm really pleased you had a great time and enjoyed the facilities we have to offer.. and the wonderful characters like Mark, Sarah and Rachel who work with us.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is an old castle and has the history look in the lobby but rooms had modern amenities. It is close to both the village of Holywood filled with boutiques, tearooms, and the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum. The overall grounds are fabulous. Its a 10 minutes outside Belfast.

Its so luxurious yep it is....can't fault with a £250 per night. The decor is classic, real touch of elegance. They also offer a spa tub, steam room plus a multilingual staff...excellent . Onsite self parking is complimentary.

Its a building oozes character and personality. I love the egyptian cotton rich bed linen with generously proportioned duvets. What a top class service.

The staff are pleasant, efficient and very attentive. Food presentations mouth watering, very delicious...simply were amazing.

I will definitely plan to go back this year.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank attyloveceti

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your fantastic review of the Culloden Estate & Spa.

We're delighted you enjoyed the building, the grounds and the surroundings of the hotel and Holywood.

I'm really pleased you got to relax in the spa and make use of the facilities and then enjoyed the local produce served in our restaurants.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

We had a great overnight stay at the Culloden, we had just returned from a few days in Paris. The dinner in the Mitre was better than the Michelin Starred Jules Verne in the Eiffel Tower - food was delicious and the service was excellent.
I could say any other great things about this wonderful hotel as well!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review of the Culloden Estate & Spa.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the Mitre Restaurant to be above the standard Jules Verne that's quite a statement thank you.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

My wife and I found this hotel to be wonderful. Arran Williams and Trevor are the Concierge at the hotel and would bend over backwards to make sure everything was taken care of and provided. Arran arranged a Private Cab Tour of Northern Ireland which I would totally recommend. The front desk were very helpful and accommodating. The staff in the dining area were also top notch. Add in beautifully landscaped grounds and a breathtaking view the lake. The spa was very modern and the staff there were very helpful and professional. We will definitely be returning to this hotel in the future. We stayed in the Knockagh suite and loved every minute of our stay here.

Room Tip: the best views seemed to be the suites. However, all rooms have a wonderful view of either the water or the gardens.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
cullodenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Guest,

I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us and we could assist in making your trip memorable, the Black Taxi tours are absolutely fabulous and a great way to see the sights in a short space of time.

We're really pleased you liked the surrounds of the hotel and the views over the Belfast lough are pretty outstanding.

I'm really pleased both Trevor and myself made you feel welcome, we would love for you to return again in the very near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We arrived from Dublin and stayed two nights. Our overall experience was the highlight of visiting Ireland. The focal detail was getting to work with Trevor, the concierge. Trevor made our trip, without a shadow of a doubt! I exchanged emails with him weeks in advance. I provided minimal detail and little to no guidance (if any were to come from me, it would likely be a hindrance anyway!) and he seamlessly planned the perfect driving tour of Belfast and the Antrim Coast for us. His kind and engaging professionalism and quick communication style both via email and in person is like nothing I've experienced before - back home in New York City or elsewhere. We had no idea what we were doing and Trevor's overall support for our trip allowed us to just kick back and enjoy an entertaining, educational, and relaxing vacation throughout Northern Ireland! I know they say that tourists in Ireland can expect to meet warm, conversational, and industrious people..... But Trevor goes above and beyond. We are grateful to him! As for our rooms, they were bright and spacious, most notably with newly renovated flawless bathrooms. Very quiet at night. Impeccably maintained grounds/exquisite landscaping. And the lobby bar was also a welcome late night gathering place with expert servers. Most highly recommend planning a trip to the Culloden with Trevor at the helm!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank 132MiMa1
cullodenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Wow!! what a fabulous review thank you so much for taking the time to write it.

I'm truly delighted you enjoyed your time with us at the Culloden Estate & Spa and that you found the surroundings and facilities to your liking.

Trevor is a huge asset to our team at the Culloden and your kind comments just verify this, I have let Trevor know about your review and he is very happy to of assisted to make your stay with us a memorable experience.

We would love for you to return again in the near future.