“Splendid”

Culloden Estate & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Holywood
Reviewed 15 October 2017

One of the most beautiful hotels I have ever been to. It isn't for the tight budget folks, this place is really expensive but worth every penny. We were there since a friend of ours is the coach for the Northern Ireland National team and this is where they stay while on duty. beautiful location and beautiful place, a must see

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
cullodenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Sethmichaels2017,

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely review of the Culloden Estate & Spa, I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

We would love for you to return again in the very near future.

kind regards

Head Concierge

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I spent one night in the Culloden Hotel close to Belfast. I was too early to check in but had time for a swim. Sarah at reception took me down to the Spa where the team sorted me out with towels, etc & then after my swim took charge of my luggage whilst I popped into Belfast for work.

The pool is lovely with a jacuzzi & complimentary fruit & drinks.

I parked in the Culloden’s free car park & caught the train at Cultra into Belfast. The station is next door to the hotel & it takes about 15 mins to get into the city centre. So much easier than driving in Belfast & looking for parking in town.

Upon returning to the Culloden in the early evening I was delighted to discover that I’d been upgraded & was staying in the Jura junior suite for the night. My room was super comfortable & located in the atmospheric old part of the hotel. As it was a corner suite I had spectacular views over the beautiful autumn colours with Belfast Lough beyond from windows on two sides of the room. It was like looking at a painting.

My bathroom had a bath tub as well as a shower with plenty of gorgeous soap & luxury toiletries from the Hastings Group ESPA brand provided as well as loads of huge, fluffy towels & even a cute little duck.

Breakfast is served in the historic & cosy ground floor also overlooking the water. I had the vegetarian cooked breakfast which includes plenty of high quality locally sourced produce.

My entire stay start to finish was perfect & from a guest’s point of view flawless. The Culloden has a warm & welcoming but also experienced team who provide a friendly & professional vibe.

I highly recommend you choose the Culloden as your perfect base if you are in the Belfast area. I only wish I’d been staying longer - but I’ll be back & stay longer next time.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
cullodenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mary M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review of the Culloden Estate & Spa.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us and Sarah looked after you when you arrived and i'm sure you felt refreshed after your swim.

The Jura suite has a lovely view right across the Belfast lough and is very comfortable, so i'm pleased you liked it.

You have been very complimentary about the hotel and facilities and therefore we would like to say thank you and please do return again soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We had 2 nights here whilst travelling through Ireland & Northern Ireland.

The good: Hotel is set in gorgeous grounds and the buildings themselves are amazing. The restaurant and check in staff were brilliant as was the food, we ate at bot the Cultra Inn and the main restaurant and given that there is not a huge price difference but a massive quality difference I would recommend the main hotel restaurant every time. The gym is the best hotel gym I have ever seen.

The less good: Concierge staff (the gentlemen getting around in the fancy coats etc) were not very helpful or friendly. The bathroom needed an proper exhaust fan as one shower and the whole suite steams up. The SPA business, my wife and I both had massages and felt completely ripped off, if a client asks for a firm massage and keeps asking for more pressure that is what you do, especially at the rates charged. Finally a better selection of pillows for the beds, which were a little soft.

Overall though, we had a great stay and will be back if we get back over that side of the world again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
cullodenhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Colin H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Culloden Estate & Spa, we appreciate all guest feedback in order to continuously improve.

I'm really pleased you found the restaurant was brilliant and you enjoyed the grounds and buildings.

However it would appear you had a couple of issues that I would like to address, and therefore ask that you contact myself direct via email: concierge@cull.hastingshotels.com

I would especially like to know more about your experience with the concierge department as un-friendly & un-helpful is something I find completely unacceptable from any of my concierge team and therefore I would like to investigate further and deal with accordingly.

Thank you in advance.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We recently stayed at the Culloden. My husband and I requested a king bed. We were booked in a twin room for handicapped individuals. A hole in the wall had been patched with duck tape around the sheet rock insert. There was no place in the bathroom sink area to place any items. We were moved after waiting a lengthy time. Another couple in our group had a similar experience. The staff was not friendly or courteous. Beautiful hotel and grounds. Need to work on customer service!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Janet F

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Culloden Estate & Spa.

We welcome all feed back from our guests in order to continuously improve where necessary, so thank you for your comments.

Please can I ask that you contact myself direct via email to discuss this further.

concierge@cull.hastingshotels.com

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Attended a wedding here yesterday and just thought the place was beautiful! Staff very friendly, helpful and professional. Our room was amazing, bed large, very comfortable and clean. Bathroom was large with a bath and walk in shower, the shower was very pleasant. My boyfriend particularly loved the cute little complimentary 'groom' rubber duck and took it home. The only problem we had was that the alarm in our room started to make this very loud and irritating buzzing sound when me and my boyfriend wanted to get some rest this morning. It maybe lasted 15/20 minutes and finally went off on its own. The meal at the wedding was beautiful! Best wedding meal I have ever had, the chicken and sauce was delicious. The hotel is a little bit like a maze lol we got lost a few times and a bit confused to get from A to B, I suppose the amount of drink we had didnt really help. Drinks are very very over priced. Thankfully my boyfriend and I brought our own drink and didnt spend too much. 2 small bottles of sprite and 2 small bottles of ginger ale cost my boyfriend about £14! A bit ridiculous for non alcoholic drinks. The residents bar at the end of the night was very cosy. We had a lovely sleep and really enjoyed our room. We had a private breakfast this morning with the other wedding guests. It was ok, a little disappointed that beans were not provided for the fry but overall a pleasant experience. My boyfriend enjoyed a swim in the spa, a lovely peaceful area.

The wedding was wonderful and had a great stay. Hope to visit again in the future.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank klynnx

Dear klynnx,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of your stay at the Culloden Estate & Spa.

Firstly I just want to offer our apologies for the alarm buzzing this must have been previously set and not reset.

In relation to the pricing of our drinks we do try to remain competitive with other 5 star establishments along with offering a high level of service.

I'm really pleased overall you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the spa facilities and the food.

We would love for you to return in the very near future.

Head Concierge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Holywood
The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
#1 of 1 in Crawfordsburn
Rayanne House
#2 of 2 in Holywood
Ballygally Castle
#1 of 1 in Ballygally
Golden Mile
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast

Been to Culloden Estate & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK