New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Culloden Estate & Spa

Culloden Estate & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Holywood
New York
“Beautiful building, average room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

It is a grand hotel. The room we had ( which was upgraded) was quite large but very dated and poorly appointed. Breakfast was good. Spa was over-booked so I couldn't advise on that.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
cullodenhotel, General Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Plus-X

I wish to thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor regarding your experience at the Culloden Estate & Spa.

Each room at the Culloden has been elegantly decorated and tastefully furnished to provide a true feeling of calm and relaxation. From our single goose feather duvets, Egyptian cotton sheets, king coil memory foam beds to the marble bathrooms our rooms have been designed to indulge our guest in exceptional amenities and I was sorry to learn that you did not find this to your taste.

I was pleased that you had rated your breakfast as good. We are dedicated to using local sourced fresh produce, and have ensured that as many items as possible are natural and free from additives and preservatives, to give our guests a real Irish breakfast experience.

As our spa offers guests an oasis of tranquility where the ancient rituals of many cultures are fused with modern holistic remedies we do advise our guests to make reservations in advance. I am sorry that you did not get to experience our spa treatments on this visit but on your next visit might I suggest that you make your spa booking at the same time as making your bedroom reservation.

I would like to thank you once again for your comments; I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Culloden Estate & Spa in the near future.

Stephen Meldrum
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

Visited the spa as a special treat with a friend. We knew it was pricey but hoped it would be worth it. The treatment felt rushed and much shorter than promised. The staff seemed quite bored and the food at the cafe in the spa area was horrendous - overpriced dry, thin paninis (no good healthy options - bizarre for a day spa) - and girl working there was borderline rude. Came away feeling like we had been robbed, such the opposite of what we hoped. They've definitely let standards slip - the customer experience is not good. Won't be back. A lot of nice spas in surrounding towns are much better value and pleasant to spend time in.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
cullodenhotel, General Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear FoodyBelfast81,

I wish to thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor regarding your experience at The Spa at Culloden.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us and I would love to take this opportunity and discuss this matter further.

If you would like to, I would kindly ask you to get in touch with myself on the details below.

Yours sincerely,

Email: healthclub@cull.hastingshotels.com
Tel: 028 9042 1135
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

On the 24 th of April I booked in for an over night stay before holding a business seminar on the 25th in the Culloden Hotel. I have attended seminars across europe but mostly in France where the standards are sublime and a pleasure to attend but I must speak out for the Culloden Hotel on this occasion.
My experience was truly world class!! I had alot of requirements for my event and the staff said "consider it done". I feel credit should be given when a product or service is fantastic and on this occasion the "Culloden Hotel" you were "world class" and to know that we have this in NORTHEN iRELAND is a thing to be proud of. A special mention to Neil Devlin and Michelle Press who could hold their own in any Hotel or resort anywhere in the world. Many thanks again Culloden Hotel you made my event the most spectacular ever to be held in Ireland.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cullodenhotel, General Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear CormaicRogan

Thank you for taking the time to write to a review on Tripadvisor.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind comments regarding the Culloden Estate & Spa.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Culloden Estate & Spa in the near future.

Solihull
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Only stated one night at the Culloden on route to Londonderry, but the hotel was warm friendly and welcoming. The rooms are to a high standard and clean, as you expect from a hotel of this status. The hotel was very busy the night I was their with 3 wedding parties going on and car parking spaces a little sparse, and also bar space, so went to the seperate public house in the grounds which was a pleasant and friendly place with good bar snacks and meals, prices good, and all in all a nice place to spend an evening
I took breakfast early and could'nt fault it, pleanty of choise and well cooked.
Check in and out was easy,and no hassel, which makes a nice change!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear TonySolihull

Thank you for taking the time to write to a review on Tripadvisor.

saugatuck, mi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

This is my second time at the Culloden and this experience is the same as the last time. I LOVE THIS HOTEL. When you arrive at this hotel and see the beautiful grounds and meet the staff staying here is like returning home. From the breakfast in the morning to returning to that great bed after a day touring N. Ireland . The staff is excellent, they can not do enough to assist you. I went this time to see a special concert with Van Morrison, it was held at a ballroom for 320 devoted fans and it was a once in a lifetime experience see his next one if you can. So to all the Culloden staff I say a special thanks. I will be back.

Room Tip: The older part of the hotel have a little more charm, but the newest part has wonderful showers.