“A super supper.”

Ranked #23 of 203 Restaurants in Paignton
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 13
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A family run fish & chip shop with excellent food and smiling staff.
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Decided I couldn't be bothered to cook as I was on my own for a night so I pulled over for and .

The cafe itself was lovely and clean throughout.

The portion I had was ample and I had a big appetite that night!
I had a piece of haddock, cooked fresh, and chips. Neither were at all greasy and there was plenty of salt and vinegar which makes a change.

The staff were friendly and efficient.

I would definitely recommend this for eat in or take away.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

My tip is to try the Rock Salmon .This is not a fish you can get everywhere ...and they make proper chips

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Picked up a take away on Saturday night. Service was good. Chips and curry sauce was nice however my haddock was very bland. The batter wasn't tasty at all. My husband had a chicken burger which was good but rather small for an adult. My dad did really enjoy his pie though. Worth going but I wouldn't have the fish again

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Had haddock and chips tonight, first time visit. Opened door and staff welcomed me immediately and placed my order. Fish and chips cooked to order, once ready they were wrapped separately salt and vinegar added before and into a bag for homeward travel. Staff were really great wishing me to have an enjoyable meal and evening. On arrival at home everything was perfect with beautiful white fish delicately battered and lovely tasty chips. Plenty of everything to leave you having not only enjoyed the experience but also full. See you soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

We received a lovely welcome at Richard's. We took and seat in the bright, clean fish bar and we were served by a friendly and helpful waitress who made our visit special. The fish and chips were great - huge portions and the fish was really delicate and not too greasy.

Couldn't recommend it more. Best fish and chips we've had in ages.