“Family and friends”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We ordered four meal's lasgne, gammon,chicken sizzler that came with the BBQ sauce on it , even though we asked for it seperate and scampi. We sent back the scampi and gammon chips were cold. They did us two more meal's the gammon came with egg on which I didn't order the chips on the scampi were still cold they went back again. The manager came over and apologised offered us free drinks and sweets and did not charge us for the meals we sent back. I will not be going back.

TheMountOrrell, General Manager at The Mount, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi

I am sorry you did not have an enjoyable experience with us, unfortunately we made some basic mistakes and we hold our hands up. I can tell you that this is not the norm for us, yes we do make errors but when we do, we try our best to rectify them. I am dreadfully sorry, please get in touch if there is anything further we can do to help change your mind and convince you that this is not the norm.

thanks

David

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great building and car park entrance for a good price pub classic dinner.

Family and friends like it.

Nice!

TheMountOrrell, Assistant Manager at The Mount, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m so glad to hear that your visit was a positive one!

We hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I almost cancelled my table reservation after I read the reviews but am happy I didn't. I do agree the furniture requires updating however, the food was good and staff fantastic.The staff were very helpful when there was a mix up at the counter with our food and the young lady who served us made sure everything was sorted. I will definitely be back.

Hi,

Thanks so much for leaving such a positive review. I am glad that you didn’t cancel and had Such a positive experience.
It’s always great to read such positive reviews especially when a member of the team is mentioned for their service.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very good service, good value for money but drinks could be a little cheaper. I would recommend it to others.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King

Hi Kathleen, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It’s great to hear that the service was good and I’m very grateful you would recommend us to others!

We do have lots of fantastic offers available, some as a daily deal and others as package deals. I do know we are competitive with all the pubs in our area on price as we check 2 to 3 times yearly. We have deals on both food and drink daily. Please ask or visit our website.

thanks

David

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As with most hungry horse restaurants, this place is a muddle. The food is cheap and plentiful but not the best quality ingredients. It needs a major update and deep clean but the staff were friendly and cheerful. Drinks are reasonable. A big issue is the breakfast. I stayed at the premier inn next door (don't ask ) so wasn't expecting anything too spectacular. The continental buffet was very cheap compared to other places I have stayed (tinned fruit salad and stale pastries anyone?), the coffee was luke warm and bitter and the OJ tasted like it had a pack of sugar added to it. I ordered my usual beans in brown with poached eggs, bacon, hash browns and black pudding. When it arrived (see pic) I had been given a plate with beans on toast and a plate with my actual order on it, minus the toast. I would guess there was a full tin of beans across the 2 plates which wouldn't be a problem if the beans were hot and didn't taste metallic both eggs (1 consisted of a yolk and a bit of white) were barely cooked, the bacon was actually OK but the hash browns were like cardboard. The toast was nice once you dug your way through the mountain of beans but all in all it was pretty poor.
If you do stay at the hotel (DON'T DO IT) I would suggest you save your £8.99 & go to a cafe or McDonald's instead.

TheMountOrrell, Assistant Manager at The Mount, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Shamill71

First of all I am very sorry to hear that your experience wasn’t a pleasant one for you. I can assure you that breakfast is something we pride ourselves on and consistently send people on their way extremely happy with the breakfast and service they have received.

I would like to discuss this further with you to see what went wrong on the morning of your visit. Please don’t hesitate to contact me personally and hopefully I will be able to do something to resolve the issues you had.

Thank you.