“Patisserie Valerie”

Debenhams Restaurant
Ranked #330 of 454 Restaurants in Wigan
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Nipped in here at lunch time. Lovely coffee but a dried out scone. Not even extra butter could help. Female staff were welcoming but the male barista lacked charisma and looked positively annoyed to be there. Almost wanted to leave due to his lack of conversation and engagement. Not sure I could come back because of this

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We used to eat here quite often a few years ago but the quality of food went down. We have been eating there again, recently, and the food has improved a lot. We had a hot turkey panini that was very good. The coffee and cakes are also good.
Loyalty scheme in operation so free coffee available after a number of cups.
Friendly staff.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Me and my mum ate here on Sunday. The advertised chilli at the door wasn't on so mum was disappointed. We both ordered a jacket potato with cheese and a kale slaw....it was served in a bowl rather than a plate which we found odd! Anyway the coffee was nice. Didn't seem enough staff as tables were messy and not cleared. Considering it was nearly £14 it was not good value for money.

Reviewed 11 February 2017

Having been to this Cafe several times before on a Saturday to usually find a queue at lunch time was very surprised to find none at all and the seating area virtually empty. Ordered a Plain Jacket Potato just with Butter and was told would have to pay a £1 extra for a side salad. (Before it has always come with it). Ordered another Jacket Potato with Tuna Mayo, but did not want the Spring Onion or Guacamole that it came with. On arrival of the food. The Tuna Jacket was simply that for £4.95 in a bowl. I asked where the side salad was and was told it was also extra. Spoke with the manager she said since January this has been the new menu and did I want to try the Guacamole I said no I didn't like it.
Bad decision Debenhams. Never been in a cafe or restaurant that doesn't serve a side salad with a Jacket Potato.

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Nipped into the cafe for dinner with a friend. She ordered a portion of chips and asked if she could pay for them to sprinkle some cheese on. They said they couldn't. I ordered a jacket potato with cheese and coleslaw.
The food came quickly but the portion of chips was little more than 6 chips in a cup. My jacket came in a bowl and was luke warm with a mountain of cheese (which I shared with my friend) and no coleslaw.
Very disappointing and we will not be coming again. Not worth the money.