“Winning In Wigan - we will be back in Wigan just to visit this amazing find!”
Review of Red Door Bistro

Red Door Bistro
Ranked #11 of 424 Restaurants in Wigan
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Small intimate award winning restaurant serving local fresh produce. Daily changing menu. Special offers
Reviewed 5 February 2018

This was amazing little find in Wigan and we will certainly be back!

What a wonderful little restaurant that we were delighted to enjoy this past Saturday, they managed to fit us in as a last minute booking and what a lovely experience we enjoyed here in this family run gem of a place. The drinks selection was great, the food menu even better! We had such flavoursome starters, followed by some mind blowing mains, and sweet treats to complete this highly memorable experience.

Amy, daughter of the chef, is a wonderful waitress who is friendly and very polite, a real asset to the Red Door Bistro. I didn't get to meet the chef, but I would one day like to meet Mrs Red Door Bistro and thank her for her amazing cooking!

Overall, I can't fault this little treat of Wigan. If business doesn't take me back to Wigan then I will be there just to dine again in Red Door Bistro.

3  Thank LeighBR

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Omg what a hidden place and not one to be missed... put a post on Facebook wanting a nice place to eat for our 21st anniversary and red door came up .. lived I wigan all my life and never heard of this little place... so we went tonight and omg what a lovely place .. Food was amazing for little money staff was superb and so friendly. When we spoke to the staff I was surprised the place had been open 7 years and we had never heard of it... this restaurant needs to be put on the map best food we have had in a long time.... our new local from now on...... Please try this place you will not regret it xx

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Visited here with family on Christmas Eve, normally don't allow children to dine here however as we had a table booked for 6pm they accommodated our booking. There was one other table in when we arrived unfortunately the service was a little slow but we assumed that all dishes were cooked to order and this was the reason. When the food arrived it was faultless. We will definitely be returning absolutely brilliant.

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

We went here for lunch as Wigan has very few decent places to eat and we had seen a few very good reviews.

Went in after we found the place, a little hidden away. It was after one and nobody was in except staff, this is always a bit worrying.

We were seated quickly and a drinks order taken, given a menu and a specials board also fetched. We didn't know what to go for as even though it wasn't a massive menu, it all sounded good.

We had a Christmas dinner and a beef bourguignon, both excellent, the veg was just right and so tasty, everything was delicious. The wine I had with this was a tempranillo, went well with the beef but was a very pleasant wine, wish I knew where to get some.

Dessert was also fantastic salted caramel profiteroles, could have eaten them again, and again.

A brilliant find, great staff, excellent food and a good wine list, will be back and also recommend to friends.

Been there 7 years and we had not heard of it until now

2  Thank Craig M
Reviewed 15 December 2017

Visited Red Door Bistro for our works night out. Really nice restaurant, the whole feel of it from start to finish, low lights, nice ambience, was greeted by pleasant staff and served drinks, the food is to die for!! I had garlic bread & cheese to start - amazing. Then juicy steak that was cooked perfect for me, I didn`t want it to end, then finished with winter berry crumble - amazing. Its not the first time I have been here and definitely wont be the last. Everyone had empty plates..... I cant think of anywhere in Wigan that is as nice as here, you should be very proud ! very reasonable priced too.