“Great Little Find”

Red Door Bistro
Ranked #10 of 442 Restaurants in Wigan
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Small intimate award winning restaurant serving local fresh produce. Daily changing menu. Special offers
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Visited here with family on Christmas Eve, normally don't allow children to dine here however as we had a table booked for 6pm they accommodated our booking. There was one other table in when we arrived unfortunately the service was a little slow but we assumed that all dishes were cooked to order and this was the reason. When the food arrived it was faultless. We will definitely be returning absolutely brilliant.

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

We went here for lunch as Wigan has very few decent places to eat and we had seen a few very good reviews.

Went in after we found the place, a little hidden away. It was after one and nobody was in except staff, this is always a bit worrying.

We were seated quickly and a drinks order taken, given a menu and a specials board also fetched. We didn't know what to go for as even though it wasn't a massive menu, it all sounded good.

We had a Christmas dinner and a beef bourguignon, both excellent, the veg was just right and so tasty, everything was delicious. The wine I had with this was a tempranillo, went well with the beef but was a very pleasant wine, wish I knew where to get some.

Dessert was also fantastic salted caramel profiteroles, could have eaten them again, and again.

A brilliant find, great staff, excellent food and a good wine list, will be back and also recommend to friends.

Been there 7 years and we had not heard of it until now

2  Thank Craig M
Reviewed 15 December 2017

Visited Red Door Bistro for our works night out. Really nice restaurant, the whole feel of it from start to finish, low lights, nice ambience, was greeted by pleasant staff and served drinks, the food is to die for!! I had garlic bread & cheese to start - amazing. Then juicy steak that was cooked perfect for me, I didn`t want it to end, then finished with winter berry crumble - amazing. Its not the first time I have been here and definitely wont be the last. Everyone had empty plates..... I cant think of anywhere in Wigan that is as nice as here, you should be very proud ! very reasonable priced too.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

This is the best restaurant in Wigan. The food is wonderful and the staff are attentive without being instrusive. Neither the wine list nor the menu are extensive because they've clearly decided only to offer food and drink that they believe in. I don't know but I suspect that the ingredients for the meals are locally sourced and of the best quality. I can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

We visited The Red Door for a pre-theatre meal and we were very pleasantly surprised. The food is fantastic, the staff are friendly and efficient. This restaurant serves beautiful freshly cooked food to a high standard, it has the best food in Wigan town centre.