“Excellent food and good value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Door Bistro

Red Door Bistro
Ranked #23 of 388 Restaurants in Wigan
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Cheap Eats, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Small intimate restaurant serving local fresh produce.
Wigan
“Excellent food and good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

We booked a meal for our 10th wedding anniversary. They offer three courses for £12.99 which is great value for money. The food is excellent. I had pan-fried hake, which was cooked to perfection. They were thoughful enough to give us an anniversary card, which was a nice touch. We were a little disappointed with the service, and heartily disliked the music. Everyone has different taste in music, but that doesn't matter if it's not too loud, but we felt it was intrusive.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Marianne H
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Wigan, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food, Amazing staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

I would like to say a huge thank you to all staff at red door! we dined with you for the first time on 4th may for my 25th birthday and it was arranged as a surprise as we had heard some amazing reviews and we were not disappointed at all! the waiting on staff are a credit to you, professional yet have personality that shines through!

1 Thank VictoriaSutton
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Red Door”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Great little place, fresh food, locally sourced, the chef jane will go out of her way to do what you fancy, if not on the menu...recommended

2 Thank Martin D
Lancs
“Excellent food, brilliant owner and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

I ate at the Bistro after my visit to Elaine Stewart's hairdressers upstairs and can I just say the fact that the Bistro is underneath the salon is not a problem at all. The decor and atmosphere of the Bistro are great, the food is fresh and cooked well, the portions are large, the only problem is managing to finish it all! I have been to the Bistro alone, as a couple and as a group of friends and each time thoroughly enjoyed my visit. Jayne and her staff could not be more helpful or friendly and Jayne will prepare you anything if she has the ingredients. She takes great pride in customer satisfaction, and is a perfectionist where food is concerned. Also the wine prices are very reasonable unlike some restaurants that offer good value food only to overcharge on their drinks.
I would recommend Red Door Bistro to anyone and am looking forward to attending on of the Tapas evenings when I can although they do get booked up quickly.

1 Thank TillyLancs
Ashton in Makerfield, Lancashire, UK
“Slightly strange place to eat lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

I knew this place was underneath a hairdresser's, but I didn't realise that they share the same 'airspace'. A separating door would be better to ensure no hair/hair products can drift down towards the dining area.

Food choice was good, with the day's menu being emailed to us the day before so we could choose in advance, having limited time in our lunch break. I was spoiled for choice but went for roasted vegetables Morrocan-style with cous-cous, which was very tasty and came with a salad which even a salad-phobic like me enjoyed! Service was quick and courteous, and I didn't hear any complaints from any of my workmates!

I would definitely return to Red Door Bistro, but I'd like to experience it at night to have more time to relax and enjoy it - and to avoid the hairdresser's!

• 3 of 5 bubbles