2,417 results
All reviews the black knight restaurant library bar courtyard room elizabethan banquet afternoon tea murder mystery cream tea four poster bed chester le street groupon deal scones cricket ground evening meal eggs benedict special occasion wedding venue waiting staff
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed one night in an upstairs courtyard room in March 2012. This was great for one night but small if you were staying longer. The room was excellently furnished, the bathroom was modern and everything spotlessly clean. The bottle of red wine provided on arrival was good quality. We thoroughly enjoyed a three course meal in the Black Knight restaurant - food and service both very good. The only downside was the restaurant telephone. As we were there to escape from our own business, the sound of the phone ringing was a bit annoying.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Stayed here as a day guest during a family wedding reception. The castle, location, staff, facilities and food were fantastic and couldn't be faulted. The only gripe was the price of the drinks. I know places like this have to make a living but their bar prices seem to be bordering on extortionate.

I would go there again for the various evenings/events they have but I think I will need to save up if I want anything from the bar.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This hotel is one of the best kep secrets of the North East of England.

It provides 5 star accommodation and service, with at the same time a reasonable cost. Indeed you can get offers which mean that your stay will be ridiculously cheap.

We stayed on the night of the 27th May 2012, that was my Wife, my 2 year old and myself. This was our second visit to the hotel. We were not dissapointed.

The Courtyard has rooms which are more like suites. This is where we have stayed on both of our visits. We payed £79 Bed and Breakfast for the room with a massive period bed, a put up dbed for my daughter, raised level bathroom & WC, period features etc.

There are even grander rooms inside the castle itself.

The breakfasts are to die for! A large selection of cereals, yoghurts, cheeses, fruit etc, and many wonderful cooked options from Eggs Benedict to Smoked Salmon.

The hotel hosts Elizibethan Banquets throughout the year and is a fabulous wedding and conference venue too.

It is ideally located in Chester-le-Street, right above the Emirates Durham International Cricket Ground. This is where I have been each time I have stayed at the hotel.

You have to stay here the next time you plan to visit the North Eats of England.

Room Tip: The Courtyard offers the best value. Tip call or email the hotel to see what rates are on offer - there are additional ones to those online.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Albaman1342
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Stayed here overnight on voucher offer. We were in a courtyard room - pleasant enough but a bit cramped and tired in places and could do with redecoration. Lovely setting and the old part of the castle was amazing. Unfortunately restaurant fully booked so only sampled it for breakfast when the service felt a bit manic and the bacon was only cooked one side.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cakelover_11
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I've said it all before. Excellent on every count. Fabulous food, attentive and friendly service - just perfect. Looking forward to next visit. Sadly the hotel was full for when we wanted to stay so we had to settle for dinner only - but we made a round trip of 40 miles to get it. Briulliant!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple