“Exceptional experience ”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Durham
Ranked #46 of 331 Restaurants in Durham
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner came here the other night and I have to say what an amazing experience!! The food was delicious and the service was fantastic! I would 100% come again and probably even stay for the night. The bar was lovely to sit in after our meals to have a couple of drinks and the staff were so friendly. The cocktails were beautiful also! The lovely hostess girls took our coats and hung them up and in my eyes that is a very professional way to start the night, I knew as soon as I walked through the doors I was going to have a great night and get looked after as the atmosphere was so welcoming! It’s true what they say, don’t knock it till you’ve tried it and I’m so glad I did! Can’t wait to come again. Booked in for another night on my way out!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came here on Tuesday evening for dinner with friends, the restaurant is beautiful, set in the original council chamber, they have complemented the original features amazingly, our waitress Jessica was very friendly and had great knowledge on the menu and gave us recommendations on dishes as we all had a difficult choice picking as everything sounded so nice! After our meal we weren't quite ready to leave as we found it such a nice relaxing atmosphere, so we found our way to the rotunda bar for a bottle of wine, all the staff were very friendly, I will definitely return.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Ate here on Wednesday night with my boyfriend and wow! Had a pre dinner drink in the Rotunda bar attached to the restaurant.
We were taken through to our table by the very friendly host and taken care of by the waitress. The food was delicious, couldn’t fault a thing. It’s such a beautiful building with all the original features still in place, so glad it has finally been put to use after being abandoned for so long, will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have to say I love the Marco Pierre White steak house in Newcastle. It’s a lovely mix of friendly and professional service with great food.
Imagine our excitement when the same restaurant is about to open in our home town in an amazing building.. well the building and surroundings are amazing and did not disappoint.
The food and service however did not match. Our waitress Ruth was lovely and I cannot fault her however I do not feel the same with other staff. We asked one member of staff for a couple of things which had to be repeated she ignored it (including the bill), the burgers were raw and we sent one back, we should have sent two but my wife was too polite (to be fair they did not charge for deserts because of this). This meant my daughter was eating after we had finished our meal.
Drinks took far too long and did not arrive until after we finished the bread we ordered. I asked for extra butter which we did not get so had to eat some of it dry and without a drink. The drinks order was wrong when it did arrive.
They did not clear anything from the table during the experience so it became crowded during the meal. No unused wine glasses were removed, we weren’t offered table water and even the bread basket was not removed when we had finished.
These things aren’t major I know but in my opinion should not happen in a restaurant of this price bracket.
Overall a very disappointing experience and does not live up to Finbarrs in the city, which will remain our restaurant of choice.

2  Thank Steven M
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Located in the Hotel Indigo in an ex debating chamber. The decoration is very nice. We could do without the photos of Marco Pierre White on the walls though .
God is of good standard. I had very nice duck rillettes and a good burger.. service was good. Wine selection is pretty standard for such a restaurant.