“Best Nepalese, even better Service”

Everest Gurkha Chef
Ranked #10 of 161 Restaurants in Barnstaple
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Me and my friend on a Thursday evening, luckily we booked otherwise we would've been very disappointed. The restaurant was very cosy and the music great atmosphere. We was welcomed by an extremely polite, diligent and caring waitress-Sarah. She took our order, the food arrived perfectly on time. We had the Everest Mix grill and I can honestly say it was extremely flavoursome. I could tell the Rotis were fresh and the rice was cooked with care. We were not neglected and was really well looked after. It is no doubt the BEST Nepalese in Devon and I highly recommend it :)))

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Tahmid C

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Until today I've never been able to get a table here, it's always busy and only seats about 20 people. The restaurant itself is very simply decorated, the kitchen can be seen from your table..
Tonight I ordered chicken tikka masala, pilau rice, onion bahgi and a garlic naan. Food arrived quickly, was also piping hot... and the taste and quality was sublime.. it was the best curry I've ever had, beating all the ones I had in India....
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.!!!!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Well worth a visit. Great food and always fresh. Reasonably priced and enjoyable. Nice clean environment and friendly staff.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Having spent time eating my way through Nepal, I can safely say Everest Gurkha is the real deal. Delicious food, expertly spiced and very generous portion sizes make this a must-visit. Will definitely be returning again soon!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 30 December 2017

Our second visit to Barnstaple and our second visit to Everest Gurkha Chef!

We were really impressed last time and the same this time.

Small basic restaurant with open kitchen area - BYO with small corkage charge.

The food is fantastic and more than makes up for the simple style of the restaurant. Momos and both our curries were superb – really tasty. Large portions too.

If we are in Barnstaple again, we will be back without a doubt!

Very small (about 20 covers) and on the night we visited was mainly filled up by 2 groups, but they kindly squeezed us in - I recommend booking or you may be disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2017