“Good fish and chips”
Review of The Pelican

The Pelican
Ranked #19 of 160 Restaurants in Barnstaple
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Number 1 in the UK! Passionate about the food we serve, we are very proud to hold the award for the Best Fish and Chip Restaurant 2018 and voted one of the UK TOP 10 Fish and Chip restaurants by Fry Magazine! MSC certified and holders of the NFFF Quality award we also gained a gold award from Taste of the West for the local sourcing of our ingredients. Family run and family friendly with hospitable and knowledgable staff, great menu choices at value for money prices we offer top notch fish and chips in a stylish contemporary setting. A warm welcome awaits!
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Friendly welcome and fast service in a clean and pleasant atmosphere. A very good selection on the menu but we all decided on fish and chips and were not disappointed. There was also some very tempting desserts but we were too full to try them.

1  Thank Cathy163

Reviewed 18 February 2018

we went on spec it was very busy but we did not wait long ,food arrived quickly ,tasted lovely fresh and piping hot highly recemended

1  Thank al4d12
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

First time here tonight and this is amongst the best fish and chips I’ve ever had anywhere. Beautiful, light batter, perfectly cooked. Proper curry sauce and mushy peas. We ate the lot and were presently surprised when the friendly and efficient waiting staff came round with a free chip refill (they’re good too), which came in handy for mopping up the curry sauce. We’ll definitely be back. Chuffed that our mate has moved to the area!

1  Thank RiggersUK
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

This was my second visit and it was excellent(as was my first). I had Plaice and chips and my daughter had a child's chicken nuggets and chips. Fish was fresh and delicious and the nuggets were good quality chicken breast chunks. It is a regular treat for my family as it is there favourite place to eat. I look forward to my next visit and would highly recommend it to others.

1  Thank Wendyelle33
Reviewed 7 February 2018

This is a fantastic fish and chip shop.
Quality of staff and food unbelievable.
Restaurant itself spotless and well decorated.
We went at 1.30pm extremely busy but seated within 10minutes.
If you want fish and chips as they used to be visit the pelican.

1  Thank Devonreview