All reviews room overlooking the park rock park sky tv car park lovely park the main hotel high standard sunday carvery town centre very nice stay brend hotel within easy walking distance one night stay sister hotel brend group wedding reception would stay again
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've been to the Park Hotel many times, and they have made many improvements to the property over the years. I've always had a nice comfortable room, nice meals and a very friendly and helpful staff. I'm sure I'll visit the Park Hotel again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BrendHotels, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for posting your recent review of our hotel. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Once again our group gathered at your hotel having driven, or travelled by train to the very convenient Barnstaple Station. The hotel is a joy to stay at. With the updated decor and continuing improvement of service and the meals (can they get any better!?) it is a great base for North Devon. The staff are friendly and efficient and deal with any problems sympathetically and without fuss. Thankyou Park Hotel. Look forward to seeing you next year.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting your recent review of our hotel. I am glad as always that you and you group enjoyed your stay with us again. I am glad that you appreciate the improvements we have made to the hotel, and I hope that we continue to improve before next years visit. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed one night to attend a wedding locally. The staff were extremely helpful for which we are very grateful. We phoned ahead to ask if we could use a room to change in as we were arriving early. We when got to the hotel the reception staff had a room ready for us to check in early. Made our trip so much easier....thank you.
Our hotel room was immaculate, of good size and had a luxury feel to it.
We will definitely be returning for a longer stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us. I am very glad that we were able to help you with an early check in before the wedding. It was also a pleasure to read that you found your room immaculate, and luxurious.
I hope that you are able to visit the hotel for a longer stay soon, ad look forward to welcoming you back should you do so.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely hotel..Everything was perfect.. Room was clean and fresh. Bathroom was very clean and modern..Towels were very fluffy.. Most hotels the towels are very small and useless not here they are very big ..

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for posting your recent review of our hotel. I'm glad that you found your room clean and fresh and liked your bathroom. I especially liked your approval of our towels...little things make all the difference! Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Avoid weekends when there is a wedding reception on. We were in a group of eleven and arrived on Friday evening. We decided to eat at the hotel that evening because the weather was filthy. Unfortunately we were forced to endure extraordinarily loud ‘music’ from the band - which ruined the meal. We also had to move rooms because of the noise. The staff were helpful in sorting this out, but the hotel really should not take bookings when such a disruptive event is taking place. At the very least one should be warned and put in rooms well away from the noise.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dream303581

Thank you for posting your recent review of our hotel. I am sorry that you were disturbed by the band on one night of your stay. In common with most hotels we do have functions on weekends and will always do our best to minimise disturbance to our other guests. We also warn any guests on booking when an event is taking place, however your party was booked through a third party website and therefore we would have been unable to so. Had you booked direct we would have informed you that there was a wedding taking place and would have allocated your rooms away from any disturbance. I am happy to note that we were able to move you to a quiter room in the Garden Court. I hope that you won't be put off from returning to the Park Hotel in the future, and look forward to welcoming you back should you do so.