“Fantastic!”

The Ganges
Ranked #4 of 158 Restaurants in Barnstaple
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sid and Merle welcome you to the Ganges for a wonderful experience of honest Indian home style cooking. Real Indian food is fresh, full of flavour and healthy. Our simple dishes are the kind of food Indians eat at home and on their streets.
Reviewed 31 January 2018

I've been here a few times since it changed it's menu. It's a great alternative to the standard curry house so don't feel intimidated if the usual is not on the menu. They do great portions, street style food with authentic flavours. I really do recommend it to everyone.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

The food is all ways perfect wheather im eating in or takeing away. This resturaunt get the taste and finish of proper authentic indian food. The staff is friendly and is very attentive always willing to help and always smiling. If you like proper india food then this is the place to eat.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Really fantastic and genuine food. I recommend the Lamb Tikka! The service is great also. Best Indian food in Barnstaple, and we have tried them all!

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

On a mini break and this restaurant was recommended to us, we would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting the area! Food was absolutely beautiful and the service was fantastic. Also very reasonably priced.
Will definitely be visiting again!

1  Thank Sarah-Jane C
Reviewed 3 January 2018

I heard a lot of good things about this restaurant and finally had the time to try them out. I ordered the butter chicken, garlic naan, boiled rice and samosas(Veg one). The food arrived nicely presented and once I had my first bite, I knew this was one of the best meals I have ever had in my life. The flavours and how well the food was cooked makes the eating experience special. The naan bread was hot and slightly crispy and my mouth was counting all the flavours I was having. I am really happy to have finally tried this place out and will be back here soon.

1  Thank Sean M