“Fantastic!”
Review of The Southgate

The Southgate
Ranked #2 of 158 Restaurants in Barnstaple
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 37
Description: The Southgate is a licensed Bar and Grill open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Where possible we source our ingredients locally. Our juicy steaks, ribs, burgers and chicken are all freshly cooked on our own flame grill. We serve great homemade cakes and desserts. Our freshly cooked breakfast is a available all day. Our barista coffee, tea and speciality tea are also available to takeaway.
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Me and the wife picked this establishment last week after booking our hotel in Barnstaple and we were not disappointed. Offering an array of food at a very reasonable price. We both opted for burgers, me a cheddar stuffed burger and the wife, a beef and chorizo with mac 'n' cheese. We were unfortunately informed there was no mac 'n' cheese left but if we were happy to wait an extra 10mins then the chef would cook some up fresh. What. A. Burger! The wife was absolutely in love with the mac 'n' cheese, the best she's ever had, and she's eaten a lot of it! The stuffed burger was out of this world, no toughness about it, and the first mouthful was incredible! We were both very impressed with the food we were served and the staff were extremely friendly. Would recommend the Southgate to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Just popped in because I was walking by for a coffee and how lovely this place is friendly staff and good coffee also do food but I didn't eat today but will be back for lunch

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Me and My Partner Visited South Gate Last night, after having a horrible experiences a different restaurant. We went to South Gate knowing we would get great service and fantastic food as always we always do. Ian knew it was our meal for Valentine’s Day, I had a wonderful surprise when my burger came down and the bun was in a love heart shape was wonderful. Strongly recommend the South Gate.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic meal at Southgate's well recommended why don't you come and check it out
I had a all day breakfast
One of my members of my family had a deluxe burger and one of them had a gammon steak both thought it was fantastic

Reviewed 9 February 2018

have been to southgate several times and everytime they have made us welcome and the food as been excellent