Lake View Guest House & Coffee Shop
The Burn How Garden House Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$ 235
Storrs Hall(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$ 316
  • Breakfast included
The Hydro Hotel, Windermere(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$ 181
Linthwaite House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$ 329
Cranleigh Boutique(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$ 184
Hotels.com
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$ 272
US$ 241
Lindeth Howe(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$ 308
US$ 152
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 195/night.

US$ 192
US$ 179
Lonsdale House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$ 185
US$ 120
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 136/night.

Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$ 271
US$ 212
  • Restaurant
All reviewssitting areatea and biscuitscar parkbed and breakfasttop floorperfect locationroom was spotlesswarm welcomepoached eggsfull english breakfastcooked breakfastmy partnerfridgehostslaketvscouse
Reviewed 20 August 2016

I do't know why this place has so many good reviews, from booking because of the reviews I am extremely disappointed. When I arrived I was greeted by a locked door and a note stuck onto it saying i had to go to a hotel 4 doors up, I went there and waited 10 minutes before someone finally came up to see me and told me "the girls are in if you just knock" before he decided to take me down there himself. I was handed my room key and a permit and told to drop my stuff off in my room, I came back down expecting to find out information about payment, breakfast times etc but no the place was completely empty. I had paid for breakfast and didn't receive them either mornings as the place had no one in, i waited in the dining area for 30minutes at 9am and no one was around. When I came back from my day out i was surprised that the rooms where clean as I hadn't seen anyone. I had to ring the hotel the next day to find out how to pay as I still hadn't seen anyone and I was told once again I had to go to the hotel up the road which while I was there was where they were serving the breakfast! I did comment on it which I only got a smile and a "sorry we thought we told you" Staff were unfriendly and useless in my opinion. Also said it had free Wifi which I never got all weekend as again I received no information at all when I arrived. I've paid for a service that I didn't receive and will definitely be complaining to the owners!

Room Tip: Don't bother staying here look elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HelenMBrady
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed there twice and would love to go back again. The food is really good. The rooms are nice and cosy.The place is very close to the lake. The parking is just behind the building.
The hosts are very nice and make you feel at home.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2016

Visited this guesthouse for the 3rd time. Now owned by a lovely couple, who also own Field House (a couple of doors away). Really nice big rooms with a sitting area and window overlooking the lake. well positioned in Bowness, only a couple of minutes from all the bars, restaurants and shops.

Stayed: April 2016
Reviewed 15 February 2016

We have just returned from a relaxing weekend in the Lakes. Lake View lived up to all our expectations. Food, comfort and cleanliness were 5 star and the owners were very accommodating. (wouldn't expect anything different from 3 fellow scousers)

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 20 August 2015

lovely stay, very comfortable and clean. Kids felt really at home at still miss the owners and his breakfast. very central to all local shops and restaurants. this b@ b is very small ,cosy and people are very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family