“Ann Jones ”
Review of New Vic Theatre

New Vic Theatre
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Went to the new vic to see the mountaintop play .It was all it was described as, and more .It is a play you have got to see. Poweful , moving , a true sense of history right in front of you ,the actors kept you riveted from the first scene.you came away feeling as if you had been taken in to the past and flung back to the future. Amazing play .

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for New Vic Theatre

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

We have been many times to the New Vic and I have always remembered the best and the worst.
We sat in one of the alcoves for Canterbury Tales ...... audibly awful !!
Many years ago I saw Kes .... I still remember the emotion to this day.

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Went to see the play Talent there on a Saturday night. Never been before but will definitely go again. Great theatre in the round, excellent seats and view. Bar had good choice of ales at decent prices. Good play with great cast and all round ace night out.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

Many think theatre the reserve of the elite, or the snobs but let me tell you, that as a working clas girl who grew up on a council estate, I alway feel at home whenever I come to see a show. Even when booking tickets, the staff are extremely helpful in trying to get you the best seats for your money and I never feel out of place. Yes, a lot of the audience members do come from different backgrounds to mine but why let that get in the way of a good night out? We are all just people after all. I've even been on my own before now! It's cosy and welcoming, with a good restaurant and friendly and well priced bar (feels a bit like your local). As for the shows, being in the round gives performances an inimate and much more informal feel, and the actors are often so multi-talented. I also enjoy the variety of plays and stage/set design...I often wonder where they get some of the props from! Well done New Vic and keep up the good work!

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Great theatre in the round with ever changing line up. Friendly staff and volunteers. Also has great homemade food and real ale.