“Hidden gem-well worth a visit.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in Wetherby
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mango is a family run Indian Vegetarian restaurant specializing in South-Indian and Gujarati food. All our food is cooked fresh to order in the cafe and restaurant whilst also providing a take-away service. Our cafe and restaurant has 54 covers and can accommodate private functions. The team at Mango also provide outside catering services for corporate events, weddings and birthdays. We specialize in gluten-free and vegan alternatives.
Wetherby, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem-well worth a visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I have ben to Mango several times for lunch. I am not a vegetarian so took a little convincing to try it initially. I am so glad I did the food has always been absolutely divine. I am working my way through the menu and so far have loved it all.
The staff (Mum and Daughter) are really friendly and the service matches the quality of the food.
I would urge anyone in the area to try it as I am sure you will want to go again.

• Visited February 2012
Hi MrsT27,

If you've been during the day then we have met on several occasions and I want to thank you for extremely kind words. Reviews like yours make our day-today working lives more enjoyable and worthwhile. The menu during the day as you know is a 'different' for lunch so we're glad you gave it a try and I'm sure that you'd agree that even though it is vegetarian, it is full of flavour and the food is filling.

Next time you come I'll definitely recommend the Idli Sambhar (a dish you haven't tried yet!), thanks again!

Pash and the Mango Team.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Hawarden, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Indian food with amazing tastes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Visited Mango having read such great reviews and was very impressed. Good to have recommendations made and especially delighted with the potato patties with chickpea and yogurt - amazing flavour! Then had peshwari naan and medium vegetable curry. Will be going again to try the highly recommended corn curry.

Hi ChampagneLiverpool,

Firstly thank you for your comprehensive review. We're delighted that you gave us a go after reading the other reviews and that you enjoyed your visit. From your review it sounds like you had bateta dahi puri, then a vegetable korma. The bateta dahi puri is one of the most popular street foods in India, as it has so many different textures and spice levels we're just happy you enjoyed it!

The vegetable korma and peshwari naan are our own recipe so we're happy that they went down well too.

Hope to feed you corn curry soon...It really is amazing!

Many Thanks,

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Amazing food, wonderful welcome, delightful staff.
What more could you want from a restaraunt on a friday evening, the smell as you walked in told me I was going to get soemthing special. The staff spent time with us telling us what the dishes were and what should accomapany them also how to eat them.
A lovely evening will be returning very soon.

• Visited March 2012
Hi Sam F,

We would like to thank you for review. We're delighted that we made your Friday evening a memorable one. We appreciate all your lovely compliments and try to ensure, we give exactly the same treatment to all our customers. As the premises is relatively very small the aroma of the food does carry and I'm happy to see it got your mouths watering. The staff are trained to a high standard so that they can advise you on the very different foods, we feel that this is an important element in you enjoying your experience. I'm glad to see that our front of house team have got this spot on.

See you again.

Wetherby
“Superb Indian Vegetarian Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Excellent service, excellent food with some really nice flavours. I am not a vegetarian nor the are the rest of my family and friends but we find the food at Mango delicious and have been several times. Try it, I dont think you’ll be disappointed!!!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Will-I-am_Wetherby
Hi Will-I-am_Wetherby,

Thank you for your excellent review. We're thrilled that you have become regular customers at Mango even though you yourselves are not vegetarian. Mango, as you have recognized is not defined on the fact that it is vegetarian, it is, as we describe it 'an Indian restaurant that happens to be vegetarian'. Our family have been vegetarians for generations innumerable, like so many other Indian families. This fact alone led to such a large variety of food making up our cuisine which is why we offer the food we do at Mango. We're just happy you like it.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Pash and the team at Mango.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“The best restaurant in the area by far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

This was a breath of fresh air after so many "ho hum" experiences that I've had while eating out. Where to start? I found the lady who welcomed us (who was also cooking) simply delightfull (not a word I use often), describing wonderfully the food, what goes with what and even hints on doing my own cooking. The waiter was just as nice, pleasently describing what each he brought out was and making sure we had everything we wanted and were happy with the dishes.

Finally, the food. The starter (platter for 2) was the best starter I've had in a long time - it looked and smelt incredible and seemed to get better the more I had of it. The main course was a mixture of rice, lentils, tomatoes, spices etc made into a type of pancake - I've never had anything like it and it was wonderfull.

This really was a plesant experience from start to finish and I look forward to going again.

Visited March 2012
Hi AndyD,

Firstly thank you for calling my mum (Rekha) delightful it made her day! It is Rekha's passion and vision that make Mango what it is today. Secondly thank you for giving us such a glowing review.

We train all our staff to give helpful advice on allour food as it's so different from the norm, Kenon who was your waiter that day has very good knowledge of our food and is very good in ensuring that you have a good experience at Mango. The platter is the most popular starter on the menu, and I'm happy to see you liked the variety offered, we try and make it so that you have a few familiar things on there and a couple of unfamiliar things on there. It makes for interesting eating and ensures you take away a new flavour in your experience.

It sounds like you had the masala dosa for your main. We're happy to see you chose something that you never had before. You truly embraced what Mango is all about 'Different flavours from different parts of India'

We hope to see you soon.

Pash and the Mango team.